+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible for a PR to enter Canada by air directly from US to one of the Canadian cities without stopping by in Vancouver?

Apr 5, 2020
Is it possible for a PR to enter Canada by air directly from US to one of the Canadian cities without stopping by in Vancouver?

I am trying to purchase an air ticket to fly back to Canada, and I am considering booking one where I am supposed to be flying back via US directly to the Canadian city I wanna go to as my final destination WITHOUT stopping by at the Vancouver International Airport.

FOR EXAMPLE: Tokyo > San Francisco > Calgary

the Canadian city I am flying back to has its own international airport but I think I have heard from someone that every PR and foreigner who's entering Canada has to go through the Immigration Customs located in the Vancouver International Airport.
If this is the case, then I am not supposed to book this kind of flight, correct?

Any advice is more than welcome : )

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

I am trying to purchase an air ticket to fly back to Canada, and I am considering booking one where I am supposed to be flying back via US directly to the Canadian city I wanna go to as my final destination WITHOUT stopping by at the Vancouver International Airport.

the Canadian city I am flying back to has its own international airport but I think I have heard from someone that every PR and foreigner who's entering Canada has to go through the Immigration Customs located in the Vancouver International Airport.
If this is the case, then I am not supposed to book this kind of flight, correct?

No, that’s not correct. You’d go thru CBP in SFO, and if the flight is nonstop from SFO, you’d go thru CBSA in YYC. If the flight is SFO- connection YVR-YYC, you’d go thru customs in YVR

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Trying to look at official sources instead of listening to something you think you heard from someone...

https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/initiatives/covid-19-measures-updates-guidance-tc/aviation-measures.html#toc2

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Seems like you have been out of Canada for a year. Do you actually have a job in Calgary? Definitely not the city I would be settling in at the moment given the economy.