+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is it on purpose

mrwait

Nov 28, 2014
hi guys,

i am surprised that the point system never falls below 450. when the point comes closer to this....there wouldnt be any draw for another two weeks and then the point will go closer to 470. I wonder if its on purpose ! CIC doesnt want to drop the point ever below 450 from this one year experience. May be it is to promote the LMIA process to make more money or I reallyy dont understand the reason. Its so desperate and cruel. Experts plz share your comments....

kartiktowniee

Nov 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrwait said:
hi guys,

i am surprised that the point system never falls below 450. when the point comes closer to this....there wouldnt be any draw for another two weeks and then the point will go closer to 470. I wonder if its on purpose ! CIC doesnt want to drop the point ever below 450 from this one year experience. May be it is to promote the LMIA process to make more money or I reallyy dont understand the reason. Its so desperate and cruel. Experts plz share your comments....
It just shows how many applications above 450 are being made before every draw. Moreover you can apply for PNP streams if you have a lower score.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
mrwait said:
hi guys,

According to me, simple reason that it can be attributed to is that of Demand and Supply.

Demand - As per the Immigration Plan for 2016, the quota for economic classes was reduced by certain percentage. So they would have divided the total number of applications for the year by the number of weeks they would be planning to send out invites (keeping some buffer for rejections as well). Since they have reduced the annual quota, it is only logical that the intake would be less in every invite.

Supply - On an every day basis there are many candidates who are entering the pool and have scores 470+. This will mostly keep the score high in every invitation, probably it may come down till 460 by mid year.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Immigration to Canada is not god given right and its a pathway given to you ba CANADA and its competition and the better score you have the more likely you will get an invite.

Nothing about cruelty etc.

cyt0plas

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrwait said:
hi guys,

i am surprised that the point system never falls below 450.
Why are you surprised? There's little point in scoring people, then admitting those with lower scores. The whole point of a scoring system is to select between different candidates - dropping the scores means that the points didn't matter.

I wonder if its on purpose ! CIC doesnt want to drop the point ever below 450 from this one year experience.
Yes. They made a score system, and as they said, they are trying to select the best Candidates. The lower the score goes, the lower quality they consider the candidates that are selected. Higher scores = better quality. They have shown that they would rather wait than drop the scores.

May be it is to promote the LMIA process to make more money or I reallyy dont understand the reason. Its so desperate and cruel. Experts plz share your comments....
The LMIA process doesn't make them money - the fees offset the cost. The point of the LMIA is to keep people from stealing Canadian jobs.

As for the reason, they want people who are young, educated, and speak the language well. That's why Express Entry was made in the first place - to select some, and not others. Under the old rules, it was first come, first serve - someone who was amazing would get processed just as fast as someone who barely met the requirements.

Under the new rules, the best get to move to the front of the line, and they move the line slow enough to make sure that they don't have to let the people in the back in.

FSW and CEC existed before express entry - all Express Entry really did was make it harder. You have to qualify for FSW/FSTP or CEC, then the highest scores get Permanent Residency. It's not enough to simply qualify anymore. If the score is low enough, then there would be no difference between the old system and the new.

Didona84

Star Member
Nov 3, 2015
Still, it is a bit unfair to give hope to people who are relatively young, educated and experienced, but still fall short of 450+ points. It would be more fair to set the limit higher to begin with, before taking expensive IELTS/ECA etc. Most people would be able to roughly calculate their chances even beforehand. But yes, immigration is a huge industry, and some money needs to be made by WES, and test providers too..

cyt0plas

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Didona84 said:
Still, it is a bit unfair to give hope to people who are relatively young, educated and experienced, but still fall short of 450+ points.
How is it unfair? You can see exactly how points are awarded, and every draw that CIC has ever done. When you pay for an ECA, you should know exactly how many points you will get. For IELTS, your points are based on your ability, something you can improve. That's fair.

It would be more fair to set the limit higher to begin with, before taking expensive IELTS/ECA etc.
Why? You are welcome to wait in line with 400 points. Several people have gotten invites from PNP programs. You are welcome to apply with 300 points - there is a job bank, and some employers can do LMIAs. The conservative plan was to help connect employers who were LMIA eligible (labour shortages) with employees who were interested in Canada (Express Entry). That was what the job bank is for. The liberals decided they wanted refugees and family class, though, so that plan is likely to get abandoned.

Most people would be able to roughly calculate their chances even beforehand. But yes, immigration is a huge industry, and some money needs to be made by WES, and test providers too..
You can use your IELTS to immigrate elsewhere, and you know what WES will tell you. If it's worth it to you, pay it - if not, don't. Looking through this forum, I see many people who pay $20,000 or more to "consultants" to fill out the forms that people can fill out themselves. If you want to see the money in the immigration system, look there.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cyt0plas said:
Why are you surprised? There's little point in scoring people, then admitting those with lower scores. The whole point of a scoring system is to select between different candidates - dropping the scores means that the points didn't matter.

Yes. They made a score system, and as they said, they are trying to select the best Candidates. The lower the score goes, the lower quality they consider the candidates that are selected. Higher scores = better quality. They have shown that they would rather wait than drop the scores.

The LMIA process doesn't make them money - the fees offset the cost. The point of the LMIA is to keep people from stealing Canadian jobs.

As for the reason, they want people who are young, educated, and speak the language well. That's why Express Entry was made in the first place - to select some, and not others. Under the old rules, it was first come, first serve - someone who was amazing would get processed just as fast as someone who barely met the requirements.

Under the new rules, the best get to move to the front of the line, and they move the line slow enough to make sure that they don't have to let the people in the back in.

FSW and CEC existed before express entry - all Express Entry really did was make it harder. You have to qualify for FSW/FSTP or CEC, then the highest scores get Permanent Residency. It's not enough to simply qualify anymore. If the score is low enough, then there would be no difference between the old system and the new.
You are absolutely right! I've seen 2 life friends with IDENTICAL application. Same experience, same work, same NOC, same everything. They sent the applications with 3 week difference in 2014. One got PR on April 2015, the other got his application returned due to f''' CAP FILLED! THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUS.

رغم أن المنتدى ليس لمناقشة هذا الأمر، +1 لإمضائك ;)، احنا كتير

cyt0plas

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wildemam said:
You are absolutely right! I've seen 2 life friends with IDENTICAL application. Same experience, same work, same NOC, same everything. They sent the applications with 3 week difference in 2014. One got PR on April 2015, the other got his application returned due to f''' CAP FILLED! THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUS.
I missed out in 2014 due to the cap myself. As a software developer, I would have needed to get my application in sooner. That's part of why I prefer a priority order instead of simply first-come, first serve. When I lose out to someone who is a better candidate, it makes sense. When I lose out to someone because I happened to get my application in a few days later, it doesn't.

Express Entry does have it's faults, but at the very least it is way, way faster. It's easier to know where we stand, and there are more options available (even if it is more work). With the priority given to people in Canada, it makes sense for prospective immigrants to spend the time or effort to come to Canada legally (even if only as a visitor) and work to find a place where a LMIA can be obtained. It might be a remote village somewhere, but Permanent Residency is still Permanent Residency.

Br33zer

Mar 18, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
andy108 said:
Immigration to Canada is not god given right and its a pathway given to you ba CANADA and its competition and the better score you have the more likely you will get an invite.

Nothing about cruelty etc.
Absolutely! We are not citizens of Canada but want to be in Canada. We cannot complain. We have to adjust and participate in this healthy competition. In fact I'm surprised that the original poster has already have complaints even before landing in Canada :p

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
cyt0plas said:
How is it unfair? You can see exactly how points are awarded, and every draw that CIC has ever done. When you pay for an ECA, you should know exactly how many points you will get. For IELTS, your points are based on your ability, something you can improve. That's fair.

Why? You are welcome to wait in line with 400 points. Several people have gotten invites from PNP programs. You are welcome to apply with 300 points - there is a job bank, and some employers can do LMIAs. The conservative plan was to help connect employers who were LMIA eligible (labour shortages) with employees who were interested in Canada (Express Entry). That was what the job bank is for. The liberals decided they wanted refugees and family class, though, so that plan is likely to get abandoned.

You can use your IELTS to immigrate elsewhere, and you know what WES will tell you. If it's worth it to you, pay it - if not, don't. Looking through this forum, I see many people who pay $20,000 or more to "consultants" to fill out the forms that people can fill out themselves. If you want to see the money in the immigration system, look there.
There is no logic giving 600 points. they must have breakups like some gets 200 points some may get 400 and some may get 50 depending on other factors.
LIke if u have job you get 150 points, if u have close relatives some 50 more points or if u have NOC in O u get 100 IF it is NOC A you get 150 and NOC B u get 200 and so on......

IF you see crs pioints like 544, 589, 623, 539, 742, ......thats called competition.

As of today even if they give 100 you get ITA,,so 100 is equal to 600w which is no logic

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
bestofluck said:
There is no logic giving 600 points. they must have breakups like some gets 200 points some may get 400 and some may get 50 depending on other factors.
LIke if u have job you get 150 points, if u have close relatives some 50 more points or if u have NOC in O u get 100 IF it is NOC A you get 150 and NOC B u get 200 and so on......

IF you see crs pioints like 544, 589, 623, 539, 742, ......thats called competition.

As of today even if they give 100 you get ITA,,so 100 is equal to 600w which is no logic
+1
Couldn't agree more. This is how the selection should be done!

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
And how does one decide NOC B is worth 200 while NOC 0 is worth only 50? (or the other way round for that matter?)

How does one decide if having a family member is worth 50 points or if having a job is worth 150?

My point being, all provinces have separate requirements and those too are dynamic - there's no easy way to value one NOC above the other - provincial requirements will change all the time (and at such sudden times that any algorithm following this will always lag behind)

That said, I do agree that providing all jobs the same 600 points is rather redundant as it pretty much guarantees that candidate will get an ITA.

Then again, (playing devil's advocate here) how is that a bad thing? The whole point of EE is to meet the requirements of Canadian provinces so if someone gets a job offer or gets nominated by a province then that means the province has a requirement which is being fulfilled by that candidate - so why would EE try to raise the difficulty of that person getting a PR?

Canada "needs" that person