+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it okay to have your mailing address different than your residential address?

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
Aquakitty said:
Anyone who is living in Canada during the sponsorship should really just put both addresses in Canada. I know we debated about this because of the requirement to not really be "living" in Canada, even though you are. But CIC doesn't care about that.
I agree Aquakitty!!

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
My current address is different from my permanent address (same country, different city).
- Do I need to show any address proof for current address? (I don't have any authorized proof right now because staying on rent)
- Can I mention my in-laws address as mailing address (As no one living at permanent address and not sure how long I will stay at current address)

Desdilu1

Aug 21, 2019
After i got Sponsor Approval after Medicals received i wrote to CIC about error in Mailing address by them as i did not see the PO Box number i only saw mailing address listed as Residential address ,So used the Web form and asked them to fix it but they said i cannot change it ,only if i am the Representative i can,so i just left it as it is.
Will this have caused any delays in processing? it been 4 months since Medicals received by CIC,Still no updates

Aug 27, 2019
My current address is different from my permanent address (same country, different city).
- Do I need to show any address proof for current address? (I don't have any authorized proof right now because staying on rent)
- Can I mention my in-laws address as mailing address (As no one living at permanent address and not sure how long I will stay at current address)
Hi,
I was wondering what did you finally do and did you face any problem as I am in the same boat i.e. current address in Canada - staying on rent (hence do not want to give that as mailing address) and mailing address is one of my relatives in the same city in Canada as I find that as a more permanent and safer option to receive important mails.

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
Hi,
I was wondering what did you finally do and did you face any problem as I am in the same boat i.e. current address in Canada - staying on rent (hence do not want to give that as mailing address) and mailing address is one of my relatives in the same city in Canada as I find that as a more permanent and safer option to receive important mails.
As I have not yet submitted my application post ITA, so can't say what is the correct way. But, as per my findings from different forums, I think it is safe to mention different address, as far as its genuine. Also, they do not ask for any address proofs document in application.