+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it okay to choose a managerial/supervisor NOC with 2 years of work Ex and 24 years of age

kevinafc007

Sep 22, 2020
I really need help to decide my NOC Code. my application has gotten delayed by over a month now because of this issue.

I am currently working in my father's International courier (logistics) business. although I joined his business part-time right after I finish my schooling in 2015. along with that, I studied full time for my bachelor's degree from 2015 to 2018. after University. I joined him full time and I manage almost the entire business now. My IELTS and ECA are done. I have proof of all of the employment records from 2015 to date, with income tax returns, payslip, and bank statements. I am finding really very hard to choose a NOC as i am involved in all departments of the business. i am thinking of choosing a NOC which is in-demand in most provinces. My CRS score is 413

-Will it be ok if my father signs the employment reference letter?
-Will they find my profile suspicious if i file my profile under NOC 1122 or 1215 as i am only 24 years old with only 2 years of experience?
(3 years part time won't count as i was studying for my bachelors i guess)
-Is it mandatory to have a higher work experience for these NOCs?
-Which NOC do you think will fit my job profile as i can get a letter of employment under whichever job profile i choose

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
1. You don't choose an NOC based on in demand jobs in Canada , you have to chose the right NOC for which you performed the job duties , either way you will get rejected ( wrong NOC is the most common reason for rejection alongside PPC)

2. Will it be okay if my father signs the letter ?
Yes , as it is a family owned business , there is nothing wrong with it as long as you show that the employment is genuine and easily verifiable by officers.

3. Will they find my profile suspicious ?
No, as long as you performed your job duties and worked in the claimed position , I once had a supervisor who was my senior manager ( I was a grad 2 junior manager while she was grad 1 senior manager) and she had only 23 years of age at the time , age is indicative of nothing.
please note that part time experience during studies counts for points , your 3 years part time experience may give you 1 year or more of full time experience if you worked for 18 hours a week or more as long as it is the same primary NOC.

4. Is it mandatory to have higher experience for those kind of NOCs ?
Not necessarily as long as you show that you performed the job duties, if proofs are satisfactory then no need to worry , just go by the NOC you really performed.

kevinafc007

Sep 22, 2020
1. You don't choose an NOC based on in demand jobs in Canada , you have to chose the right NOC for which you performed the job duties , either way you will get rejected ( wrong NOC is the most common reason for rejection alongside PPC)

2. Will it be okay if my father signs the letter ?
Yes , as it is a family owned business , there is nothing wrong with it as long as you show that the employment is genuine and easily verifiable by officers.

3. Will they find my profile suspicious ?
No, as long as you performed your job duties and worked in the claimed position , I once had a supervisor who was my senior manager ( I was a grad 2 junior manager while she was grad 1 senior manager) and she had only 23 years of age at the time , age is indicative of nothing.
please note that part time experience during studies counts for points , your 3 years part time experience may give you 1 year or more of full time experience if you worked for 18 hours a week or more as long as it is the same primary NOC.

4. Is it mandatory to have higher experience for those kind of NOCs ?
Not necessarily as long as you show that you performed the job duties, if proofs are satisfactory then no need to worry , just go by the NOC you really performed.
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my query, I really appreciate it.
I have a lot more roles in the business, I'm actively involved in supervising accounts and managing overall operations.
<- these are my job responsibilities. I am finding it hard to choose the NOC

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
From what I have seen, employment at family businesses is 10 times verified, from ITRs, to regular pay deposits, etc. Also, as it is your family business, you can write any duties you want, which make your letter illegitimate. You'll have to attach more evidence than just a letter that you actually performed those duties, such as correspondences from clients, evidence of projects you delivered, etc. It won't be a piece of cake as you are thinking.
where have you seen this? can you expand with more examples please?

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
oh okay you are talking about common sense, thought you had a few examples.
on this forum, i saw a person in the same scenario getting his pr without any additional requirements, based only on the experience letter of his father's proprietorship, so you shouldn't assume things like that. if the business is real, then there is no illegitimacy in using exp letter like that.

of course more evidence will help. Needing affidavits and all that, will help but without it, it certainly doesn't mean you are lying on your experience letter.