+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it okay if I let any of my friends or relatives to help me upload files to my Online application?

Sam Jankiz

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
Hi guys... First of all, I hope you will visit my other questions here and answer as much as you can:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/a-lot-of-question-about-applying-online.657432/

what choice should I choose here and it really matters? If I want to let one of my family members and a person who works in a Visa application agency to login to my account and help me fix somethings in my documents and pay the fees because I don't have a visa card or master card to pay the fees online. (Look at the pictures).
>>> and can I change this choice later if I want?

Last edited:

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
what choice should I choose here and it really matters? If I want to let one of my family members and a person who works in a Visa application agency to login to my account and help me fix somethings in my documents and pay the fees because I don't have a visa card or master card to pay the fees online. (Look at the pictures).
There is a question mark (?) icon. Why not hover the mouse there to check if there is an explanation on the difference of the 3 options.
I'm not sure but it looks like...
The 1st option is used by Children applying for their Parents.
The 2nd option looks like for travel agency. Like you totally entrust your application to another person.

If you would get a Visa application agency... why not ask them how to apply online in the 1st place?

>>> and can I change this choice later if I want?
You can but the forms and categories (what to attach) will depend on how you answer the eligibility question.
Example : If you need a representative, a form for authorization on your application will be asked. If not, the said form will not be needed.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just keep in mind that if a third party accesses or fills in your application for you that you as the applicant are still responsible for anything entered on any form, that includes any mistakes or any misrepresentation that may occur whether by mistake or not..

Sam Jankiz

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
There is a question mark (?) icon. Why not hover the mouse there to check if there is an explanation on the difference of the 3 options.
I'm not sure but it looks like...
The 1st option is used by Children applying for their Parents.
The 2nd option looks like for travel agency. Like you totally entrust your application to another person.

If you would get a Visa application agency... why not ask them how to apply online in the 1st place?
I work in a country whose Education is very poor and its people don't have even a way to pay online, so a friend of mine will pay our fees from different country... he will not fill out or do anything except for paying the fees, so I'm not sure if he should treat like a representative that's why I'm asking.