+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it OK to travel oversea using PR card after Decision Made?

tyhcyq

Jul 14, 2013
Hi Guys,

I have an upcoming travel plan that could potentially happen right after the decision made phase but prior to oath taken? Is it OK to use my PR card to travel after DM? I assume I will have to hand in my PR card during the oath ceremony and I will come back to Canada before the ceremony. Do you think this will cause any issues?

Thanks for your help!

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tyhcyq said:
Hi Guys,

I have an upcoming travel plan that could potentially happen right after the decision made phase but prior to oath taken? Is it OK to use my PR card to travel after DM? I assume I will have to hand in my PR card during the oath ceremony and I will come back to Canada before the ceremony. Do you think this will cause any issues?

Thanks for your help!
There will not be any issues. Just keep on checking ecas for oath date and also ensure there is someone to check canada post mail at your house so that you wont miss the big letter. sometimes ecas might be slow in posting oath details.
Usually they give 2 weeks for oath after sending the letter.
Good luck!

malaspinace

Aug 30, 2016
Hey budy,

You will not have any problem with that, However if your travel will take more than two (2) weeks, you need contact the ecas and inform it. Remember that the citizenship process won't finished until you take the oath.