+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it ok to send only bank statements as a proof of financial support?

_futurerae

Oct 7, 2017
Is it ok to send only bank statements (w the sponsorship letter) as a proof of financial support on my study permit application?

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Typically that is the only Proof of Funds submitted. Ensure you have enough funds for 1 year for a substantial amount of period in that account.

Reactions: _futurerae

PARAM-

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Typically that is the only Proof of Funds submitted. Ensure you have enough funds for 1 year for a substantial amount of period in that account.
i too have few question can any one answers please

if money is older then few years, in form of few fixed deposit annually and some in saving account just laying there from like 10+ years.
yes bank account is on applicant name is it good.

and

if applicant have like 70,000+ CAD(but in indian INR) older than 10 years. is it good for applicant or bad

and

applicant is working for his own father and receiving salary but not in account. BAD ?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria

if money is older then few years, in form of few fixed deposit annually and some in saving account just laying there from like 10+ years.

and

if applicant have like 70,000+ CAD(but in indian INR) older than 10 years. is it good for applicant or bad

and

applicant is working for his own father and receiving salary but not in account. BAD ?
There is nothing wrong with that as it even shows more financial capabilities but what will raise alarm and suspicions is that you work with your father and from salaries you got about $70k within 10yrs or you did some other legal business.

You should be able to explain how by enlightening the VO to be on same page as you to understand actually that your source of funds came from where you claim it came from.

Its not about the huge funds that always matters(though huge funds also is crucial) but to be able to prove source of funds

You can address the case of not been paid into your bank account and give the method of receiving payments in your SOP

PARAM-

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
There is nothing wrong with that as it even shows more financial capabilities but what will raise alarm and suspicions is that you work with your father and from salaries you got about $70k within 10yrs or you did some other legal business.

You should be able to explain how by enlightening the VO to be on same page as you to understand actually that your source of funds came from where you claim it came from.

Its not about the huge funds that always matters(though huge funds also is crucial) but to be able to prove source of funds

You can address the case of not been paid into your bank account and give the method of receiving payments in your SOP
salaries were in cash, you know how indian parents pay :eek: their kids. wah ab yeh humse paise lega:mad: chalo mobile ke laye toh paise dedo:p, chalo bike ledo ab and we kids always need jugardi reason's to get everything.:rolleyes:

about $70k is older then 10+ years (not salary) i mean its in account from last 10 years never deducted and source of fund is saving from parent and most of it belongs child hood saving added to post office or cooperative bank fixed deposits. no record, there was a paper only :p half the size of a4, too old that time no body bother to keep any record i mean, they are just added to account and they are there since from decade. so how will it can proven source of fund.

even my sister have account and same history, our account's are not joint they never were...

thinking about adding here bank statement and a affidavit that she is also my sponsor. if i ever need money she will give money it to me. if this matter she is unmarried and studying in india PG-diploma.

Last edited:

_futurerae

Oct 7, 2017

and

and

Hey, good luck with that :)

Tokun

Oct 30, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello everyone, good morning. Please i have a question that has been bordering me as i am new to this study permit application stuff. I recently got admitted into Saskatchewan Polytechnic for their Certificate program in Carpentry as i finished my Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Architecture. I was asked to pay $1000 deposit out of $16000 (which is the fee of one year) before 30 days. After that, i will have to pay $7500 before the beginning of the session. My question is this: Will my visa application be cancelled if i couldn't meet up with the 30 days deposit fee even though i already have the acceptance letter?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello everyone, good morning. Please i have a question that has been bordering me as i am new to this study permit application stuff. I recently got admitted into Saskatchewan Polytechnic for their Certificate program in Carpentry as i finished my Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Architecture. I was asked to pay $1000 deposit out of $16000 (which is the fee of one year) before 30 days. After that, i will have to pay $7500 before the beginning of the session. My question is this: Will my visa application be cancelled if i couldn't meet up with the 30 days deposit fee even though i already have the acceptance letter?

The $1000CAD you are asked to pay is to safely secure your seat to show them you really have genuine interest while the $7,500CAD is for your first year tuition fees to continue with the rest payment the subsequent year

No.. your visa will not be canceled at all, you have not even applied yet but it won't affect it but rather, you will loose your program seat in the DLI. That's why you need to pay the funds before the deadline date and you need to pay the first year tuition fees to be able to apply for a study permit as you might stand a chance showing proof of payment

Reactions: PARAM-

Tokun

Oct 30, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
The program is just a year. The $7500 is the next payment out of the whole $16000 to be paid. Thanks for the explanation. But will it be nice if I defer the admission as I may not be able to meet up with one of the payments deadlines?
The $1000CAD you are asked to pay is to safely secure your seat to show them you really have genuine interest while the $7,500CAD is for your first year tuition fees to continue with the rest payment the subsequent year

No.. your visa will not be canceled at all, you have not even applied yet but it won't affect it but rather, you will loose your program seat in the DLI. That's why you need to pay the funds before the deadline date and you need to pay the first year tuition fees to be able to apply for a study permit as you might stand a chance showing proof of payment

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
The program is just a year. The $7500 is the next payment out of the whole $16000 to be paid. Thanks for the explanation. But will it be nice if I defer the admission as I may not be able to meet up with one of the payments deadlines?
Its best you defer to next intake if you feel you can't meet up with the tuition fee but to be able to do that also, you have to secure your seat first to show them you are interested

Reactions: PARAM-