+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it normal CIC ask for a second medical exam?

mofan

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
I am confused by receiving a second medical exam request from CIC today.
I submitted the application in Sep. 2013, and had completed medical exam in May 2014, while my wife did not undergo X-ray due to her pregnancy. After having the baby, my wife completed the medical exam in Nov. 2014. I also sent the photocopy of birth certificate of my newborn baby to CIC by email in Nov. 2014. Since then, I have been optimistically and eagerly expecting the passport request. :'(
Is it normal they ask for a second medical exam? Is it because my previous exam will be expired soon? (Based on GCMS note, it is valid until May 2015)
Any idea? I have written to CIC to express my confusion.

bouncer

Mar 17, 2014
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpc Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 14
Doc's Request.
9th Feb 14
AOR Received.
17 March 14
IELTS Request
Along with App
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Here is the Logic. Your medical is about to expire in May 2015. CIC thinks your application decision and landing may go closer to the month of may. And for sure you need to have valid medicals at the time of landing. So just go with your medicals and send scanned copy for your wife. Hope it helps

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bouncer said:
Here is the Logic. Your medical is about to expire in May 2015. CIC thinks your application decision and landing may go closer to the month of may. And for sure you need to have valid medicals at the time of landing. So just go with your medicals and send scanned copy for your wife. Hope it helps

really ?

mofan

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
As per my GCMS notes, they had got my wife's medical last Nov. and we were passed in all aspects except security. I don't know what exact they are screening for and why it takes so long.
Why don't they just send me PPR and I can land before the medical expires. I am really fed up with it.

bouncer said:

bouncer

Mar 17, 2014
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpc Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 14
Doc's Request.
9th Feb 14
AOR Received.
17 March 14
IELTS Request
Along with App
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015

mofan

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
Just called CIC and was told that everything was passed, except the medical, which is still valid until May.
So, instead of asking for second MR, why don't they send PPR to me? Why? Why? Why? :mad: :mad: :mad:

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mofan said:
As per my GCMS notes, they had got my wife's medical last Nov. and we were passed in all aspects except security. I don't know what exact they are screening for and why it takes so long.
Why don't they just send me PPR and I can land before the medical expires. I am really fed up with it.
Well, your application unfortunately got delayed pretty much because of your wife pregnancy. I assume you got MR on May 2014, and the medical exam for your wife was on hold until Nov 2014 (6-7 months). Then, they just started to open your case again recently (another 4-5 months delay). I know personally that there are October 2013 people who recently just got their PPR eventhough they didnt have anything major there.

If they requested a new MR for you, it could be that they need more time to review/process your application. The sooner you get the MR, the less reason for the VO to delay your application. Btw, soon your application will exceed the 12/13 months standard processing time. So by then, you can consult with your local MP, and maybe they can help you there...

mofan

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
Thank you very much for your reply. But please see my last posts above. Now, I don't know if I should reschedule tomorrow's MR and wait a little longer for CIC's reply.

retwant said:
Well, your application unfortunately got delayed pretty much because of your wife pregnancy. I assume you got MR on May 2014, and the medical exam for your wife was on hold until Nov 2014 (6-7 months). Then, they just started to open your case again recently (another 4-5 months delay). I know personally that there are October 2013 people who recently just got their PPR eventhough they didnt have anything major there.

If they requested a new MR for you, it could be that they need more time to review/process your application. The sooner you get the MR, the less reason for the VO to delay your application. Btw, soon your application will exceed the 12/13 months standard processing time. So by then, you can consult with your local MP, and maybe they can help you there...

pathfinder

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
mofan said:
Thank you very much for your reply. But please see my last posts above. Now, I don't know if I should reschedule tomorrow's MR and wait a little longer for CIC's reply.

I wrote to CIC on March 2 about the 2nd medical request. Today I got a reply saying to ignore the medical request. It is very confusing. What should I do now?

Venitile

Mar 19, 2014
I think when it comes to the CIC processing PR applications nothing can be considered normal.
We applied back in 2011 and after having redone our medical twice we are still waiting.
I was told that the medical exams are valid for 18 months. When they expired for the first time I was told they internally requested an extension. We trusted they knew what they were doing and I fell pregnant a month after. A few days later we received a letter from the CIC telling us to renew the medicals!
We asked our MP to get involved and his answer was we should have gotten in touch before falling pregnant!
Ridiculous! We paid for the medical fees once again even though it clearly is the fault of the CIC that they are taking forever with our application. Four years into this never ending nightmare and our CSQ will be expiring soon, health insurance needs to be renewed every year, daughters student permit is running out once again and right after it will be time to redo out medicals for the third time.
I am beyond sick of it all at this point. Stuck in a country with no rights just privileges and not able to travel the entire time. Not able to plan a future or feel secure that at the end of it all we will have the PR in hand. If it was not for my Canadian partner and our Canadian born children I would be turning my back on Canada at this point.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mofan said:
Minus the pregnancy part, how long more till you exceed the 12-months average processing time? If it is more than two weeks away, first step you need to do is to re-check again if you need to do another medical exam. You can email CIC to inquire about that. Then, as soon as you passed the average processing time, you can consult with your local MP.

Have you request again for GCMS?

mofan

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
:eek: Really? They sent you MR and then ask you to ignore it after you wrote to them? This is a good news for me!
Could you please tell me when will your medical expire? Did you ask them to waive the second MR in your email?

Have you ordered GCMS or called CIC to check status?

pathfinder said:
mofan said:

I wrote to CIC on March 2 about the 2nd medical request. Today I got a reply saying to ignore the medical request. It is very confusing. What should I do now?

mofan

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
OMG, 4 years... I feel so sorry for you. What is the status now?

Venitile said:
I think when it comes to the CIC processing PR applications nothing can be considered normal.
We applied back in 2011 and after having redone our medical twice we are still waiting.
I was told that the medical exams are valid for 18 months. When they expired for the first time I was told they internally requested an extension. We trusted they knew what they were doing and I fell pregnant a month after. A few days later we received a letter from the CIC telling us to renew the medicals!
We asked our MP to get involved and his answer was we should have gotten in touch before falling pregnant!
Ridiculous! We paid for the medical fees once again even though it clearly is the fault of the CIC that they are taking forever with our application. Four years into this never ending nightmare and our CSQ will be expiring soon, health insurance needs to be renewed every year, daughters student permit is running out once again and right after it will be time to redo out medicals for the third time.
I am beyond sick of it all at this point. Stuck in a country with no rights just privileges and not able to travel the entire time. Not able to plan a future or feel secure that at the end of it all we will have the PR in hand. If it was not for my Canadian partner and our Canadian born children I would be turning my back on Canada at this point.

mofan

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
It's almost 11 months. I emailed CIC last week and this week, but no response so far. I have ordered GCMS again right after I got the previous one in Feb. According to the agent of CIC call centre, everything has been passed, except my medical. So logically, CIC should send me the PPR instead of MR....

retwant said:
Minus the pregnancy part, how long more till you exceed the 12-months average processing time? If it is more than two weeks away, first step you need to do is to re-check again if you need to do another medical exam. You can email CIC to inquire about that. Then, as soon as you passed the average processing time, you can consult with your local MP.

Have you request again for GCMS?

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Which date your medical expires?

If you are willing to risk about $250 for a slight possibility of a faster PPR by few weeks or months, then do your medical right away. Otherwise, I would recommend you do the medicals about 3 weeks before the expiry, assuming you dont have health problems. That way you have wiggle room in case if your Panel Physician posted the result quite late...