+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it necessary to leave Canada and come back for permanent residency validation?

Beka-Tina

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Hello to everyone I have a question maybe someone can help me

Two months ago I received a confirmation of permanent residence document under the live-in caregiver program at ircc office, I just wondering should I leave the country and return back for the permanent residency validation?

Thank you to you all kind people

phillyphil

Jun 26, 2012
I remember getting that document. I think you need to actually do a border crossing. Which is when you leave Canada by driving across a border. I know I had that document but I carried other documents with me as well (passport, proof of employment, pay stubs, even my rental agreement etc). Another option is call get a CBSA officer to come to you for the validation.(if you feel you are too far from a border). There is a document I used to figure this out but its also on the CIC website. Look here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Note, the CBSA doesn’t do house calls unless typically it’s for enforcement, or checking up on a overstay etc
As noted in the link you reach out to them, set up an appointment at a office, and go them, not the other way around

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Note, the CBSA doesn’t do house calls unless typically it’s for enforcement, or checking up on a overstay etc
As noted in the link you reach out to them, set up an appointment at a office, and go them, not the other way around
Note that the office referred to is an IRCC office, not a CBSA office.

You can arrange an appointment via the IRCC’s Call Centre as well I believe.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html