+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it necessary to do IELTS? Leon please help.

candy555

Dec 10, 2008
Hi all/Leon,

I applied for PR in 2005. I belong to a non English speaking country. I did my college and university studies in pure English. For the last 15 years I am working in a foreign country where I am using English as main language. I achieved 233 scores in Computer-based TOEFL exam in March 2003. I have put all these info in my PR application. They did not ask me any thing since then. Does it mean that have accepted that and I do not need to go for IELTS. Please put your comments.

Thanks in anticipation

candy

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wait and see. If they want IELTS, they will ask for it. If they did not contact you at all since you applied, it probably means they are not even processing your file yet.

relycanada

Dec 21, 2008
Visa officer will ask you to update your application when it is nearing stage of selection review and also to provide additional documents which were not initially submitted at first submission.
At this stage visa oficer will ask IELTS/Write up for English language(apart from other documents).He will not ask specifically for IELTS.Choice is yours, you can give one out of these .This is subjective ,he may or may not give you full points for language.
rely

Leon said:
Wait and see. If they want IELTS, they will ask for it. If they did not contact you at all since you applied, it probably means they are not even processing your file yet.

candy555

Dec 10, 2008
Hi Leon / all,

After applying for our PR,they did contact us like for AOR and asked for some more documents to submit which we sent to them. They did not mention any thing regarding IELTS or related. Then after two months of filing the application, they confirmed us the PR file no and date of start of processing. Recently they have asked us to confirm them if we are still interested in immigrating to Canada. On the basis of the above information, please advise us on our IELTS situation.

Regards

Candy

relycanada

Dec 21, 2008
Which is your visa post? to me it seems new delhi.Curently they are processing Feb 2005 applicants.Next you will get letter which I had mentioned in my previous mail.
rely

candy555 said:
Hi Leon / all,

After applying for our PR,they did contact us like for AOR and asked for some more documents to submit which we sent to them. They did not mention any thing regarding IELTS or related. Then after two months of filing the application, they confirmed us the PR file no and date of start of processing. Recently they have asked us to confirm them if we are still interested in immigrating to Canada. On the basis of the above information, please advise us on our IELTS situation.

Regards

Candy

foreverwaiting

Star Member
Dec 16, 2008
Let me put it in another way - if you are qualifying for immigration with total points at borderline, it is in your own interest to give IELTS so as to not leave anything at the discretion of the visa officer. If you don't give IELTS, the visa officer may allot language points at his/her discretion and there is no guarantee that you will get full language points. On the other hand if you have the luxury of surplus qualifying points, you may take the risk of not appearing for IELTS.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
candy555 said:
Hi Leon / all,

Regards

Candy
You will have to take the IELTS test later or sooner. Your application is not at the point where they ask you to fulfill this requirement. Don't assume anything, instead get prepared.

candy555

Dec 10, 2008
Thanks to you all for your inputs.

I have decided to take IELTS at an earliest possible date.

Candy

aseel

Mar 3, 2009
Dose any body know whether Canadian Immigration accept Academic Ielts or not?
I know that they require General training but I have got a good result in Academic IELTS and i want to submit it
mak7asl@yahoo.com

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
When you already know they take General only, why you want to submit academic? You can give it a try if you want.

mqadri

Star Member
Mar 9, 2009
plz check below link

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/common-questions-t13225.0.html;msg53127#msg53127

mqadri

Star Member
Mar 9, 2009
aseel said:
Dose any body know whether Canadian Immigration accept Academic Ielts or not?
I know that they require General training but I have got a good result in Academic IELTS and i want to submit it
mak7asl@yahoo.com
Check below link :
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

they mention it : You must take the General Training option.