+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it misrepresentation ? Help needed

Ivcan1991

Feb 24, 2019
Hi,

I'm a newbie here, my CEC application is in process AOR Oct 1st 2018. In March 2018 I tested positive for syphilis with my family doctor and received treatment of 1x shot of penicillin, again during my medical exam in sept 2018 shortly before submitting my PR application I tested +ve for syphilis during immigration medical exam (maybe my immune response still made the test show +ve) but however got full treatment with 3x Penicillin and later passed the medical exam.

However now I received a procedural fairness letter asking me to elaborate more on my response I indicated YES to a statutory question: 'Have you had any serious disease or physical or mental disorder'?

when filling the e-APR application I marked YES and mentioned saying:
"I tested positive for syphilis early this year and got treated in April with a single dosage. Recently tested positive for syphilis in the immigration panel exam, hence as advised by panel physician I got treated completely in Sept 2018 and handed the IMM5965 proof of treatment form back to panel physican to submit to the medical officer."

However in the above response I forgot to mention that I was also first diagnosed for syphilis in Oct/Nov 2016, if I mention it now would that be treated as misrepresentation ? - I didn't do this deliberately.

Also I do not have any other diseases that I know of or any physical or mental conditions.

Seniors in this forum please help.

Ivcan1991

Feb 24, 2019
Yup correct. All I'm trying to know is my previous Oct 2016 of +ve syphilis was not mentioned by me earlier when submitting my application so wondering if that would cause any problems.

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Yup correct. All I'm trying to know is my previous Oct 2016 of +ve syphilis was not mentioned by me earlier when submitting my application so wondering if that would cause any problems.
I don't think so. Since you were NOT hiding syphilis. Misrepresentation would be if you NEVER declared that you had this in the first place.

Reactions: Ivcan1991

Imm007CA

Apr 21, 2019
I asked a lawyer about something similar to this. Syphilis is not a serious disease, though any disease can become serious if untreated. You weren't hiding it, though it showed up in your medical and you got treatment. The doctor's report would have had all the details. Regardless, I've been told by Imm lawyers the diseases they're concerned about and want to know of are the ones that would be a burden on our health system.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I asked a lawyer about something similar to this. Syphilis is not a serious disease, though any disease can become serious if untreated. You weren't hiding it, though it showed up in your medical and you got treatment. The doctor's report would have had all the details. Regardless, I've been told by Imm lawyers the diseases they're concerned about and want to know of are the ones that would be a burden on our health system.
Incorrect. IRCC also focuses on diseases that are considered a danger to public health, which includes syphilis.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/refusals-inadmissibility/danger-public-health-public-safety.html