+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it mandatory to submit birth certificate of dependent spouse for OINP (non express entry) PR application to IRCC.

deepakbadiger

Apr 17, 2024
Hi, I have received my OINP nomination certificate and i'm now required to apply for PR to IRCC with the nomination certificate received from Ontario Province. Upon going through the document checklist to submit, i realize they require birth certificate for all applicant. My wife, who is a dependent applicant under my primary application, does not have her birth certificate. We tried to get her birth certificate when we last visited her birth place municipal corporation in India and we got to know then that her records don't exist and that to get the birth certificate, she will need to be physically present in front of the civil court Judge 3 times on separate occasions (time frame to get the birth certificate is unknown - 2 months, 4 months or more) Thus, we returned without getting it. She has her School Leaving certificate and also her 10th grade Certificate. Wondering if her School 10th Grade Certificate would be accepted as an alternative to Birth Certificate?

Your help to clarify this doubt is highly appreciated.