+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it mandatory to add all our past jobs in the application?

Milo2980

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Hello everyone,

I received the Invitation to Apply and I am having a problem with my application. There's a huge delay from two of my old employers in getting the employment letter.
Those jobs are NOT necessary for me to reach the points/scores for the Express Entry. I would have got invited even if I did not specify those jobs in the pre-application (Express Entry Pool).
Actually, I did not even mention one of these jobs in the pool.

My question is:

Can I simply erase and not mention them, so I won't have to waste time to get the records?

Is it mandatory to specify every employment position we had in the past, or is it voluntary if they are not needed for the Express Entry Scores?

Thank you!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hello everyone,

I received the Invitation to Apply and I am having a problem with my application. There's a huge delay from two of my old employers in getting the employment letter.
Those jobs are NOT necessary for me to reach the points/scores for the Express Entry. I would have got invited even if I did not specify those jobs in the pre-application (Express Entry Pool).
Actually, I did not even mention one of these jobs in the pool.

My question is:

Can I simply erase and not mention them, so I won't have to waste time to get the records?

Is it mandatory to specify every employment position we had in the past, or is it voluntary if they are not needed for the Express Entry Scores?

Thank you!
You can mention just the ones which you want. Make sure your CRS score and FSW points are not affected. If they are affected, CRS should stay above the cut-off for your round of invitation and FSW should be at least 67/100.

Reactions: Milo2980

Milo2980

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
You can mention just the ones which you want. Make sure your CRS score and FSW points are not affected. If they are affected, CRS should stay above the cut-off for your round of invitation and FSW should be at least 67/100.
Thank you so much.

I am sure my CRS scores are not affected.
About the FSW, I have no idea. But when I got invited if i recall it was under the Canadian Experience Class (even though I qualified for both CEC and FSW)

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you dont claim points for the old jobs then no need for that.
Old jobs may be put in personal activities/history pre-eAPR.

Milo2980

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
If you dont claim points for the old jobs then no need for that.
Old jobs may be put in personal activities/history pre-eAPR.
Thanks friend!

Oh gosh!

I thought there should be no discrepancies whatsoever between work history and personal history.

Finally, what's the pre-eAPR thing?

Thanks

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After you get ITA,
Whats eAPR
Step 1 You have to again fill up all sections (some come pre-filled from EE profile & can be edited).
Step 2 Once you complete all sections above they give you a list to upload documents.
Step 3 Upload all pdfs & make payment. ( eAPR finished)

EE-->ITA-->eAPR-->AOR.

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks friend!

Oh gosh!

I thought there should be no discrepancies whatsoever between work history and personal history.

Finally, what's the pre-eAPR thing?

Thanks
As far as I know if you add more employers in work history then it will create separate employment records upload section for each employment.
So in work history only mention the employers who want to claim points for. Rest will go in personal history.

PLEAS WAIT FOR A FEW MORE REPLIES TO CONFIRM THE ABOVE.

Milo2980

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
After you get ITA,
Whats eAPR
Step 1 You have to again fill up all sections (some come pre-filled from EE profile & can be edited).
Step 2 Once you complete all sections above they give you a list to upload documents.
Step 3 Upload all pdfs & make payment. ( eAPR finished)

EE-->ITA-->eAPR-->AOR.
Thanks so much!

What's AOR ?

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR
Once You upload all pdfs & make successful payment of Application fee of $550, CIC will send you AOR ( Anknowledgement of Receipt)
Basically CIC acknowledges that they received all documents for PR.
After AOR, all you do is wait while CIC provides you updates & may contact you if they need anything.

Last edited:

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as I know if you add more employers in work history then it will create separate employment records upload section for each employment.
So in work history only mention the employers who want to claim points for. Rest will go in personal history.

PLEAS WAIT FOR A FEW MORE REPLIES TO CONFIRM THE ABOVE.
In work history mention ONLY the employment for which you are claiming points.
Others you mention in personal history.