+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it mandatory that a California resident can apply only from Los Angeles?

ditty

Apr 10, 2012
Hello,

I am a US citizen living in Bay Area. I am trying to apply for a visitors visa to Canada for my parents. We are planning to leave for Canada on June 8th for a visit to see the Niagara falls for 2-3 days.
Is it mandatory that I should apply for visitors visa only from the LA consulate or can I apply from any embassy?

Any idea for processing times from the LA Consulate for a Mailed IN application?

Please help. Thank you in advance.

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where do your parents reside, and what is their citizenship? U.S. citizens shouldn't need a visa unless they're somehow inadmissible to Canada.

ditty

Apr 10, 2012
Parents are Indian citizens and so they do need a visitors visa. I dm trying to apply for a multiple entry visa.

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are they in the U.S. on currently valid visitor visas? If they don't, they would need to use a visa office in India. If they are still lawfully admitted to the U.S., then I would submit an inquiry to the visa office you intend to use (but Seattle is the only other visa office anywhere near you) to ask them if you can submit a visa application to them.

The processing times page indicates that all of the visa offices in the U.S. have a processing time of 30 days. New Delhi's processing time is currently 7 days, but I understand that it's illegal to mail or courier passports into or out of India, so you're probably stuck using the visa offices in the U.S.

ditty

Apr 10, 2012
Ofcourse they are in the US with a valid visa. Hence my query as to if it is mandatory that we should apply only to LA consulate or can we apply to one which has a quicker processing time.

Any idea how long the processing time is in LA consulate.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ditty said:
Ofcourse they are in the US with a valid visa. Hence my query as to if it is mandatory that we should apply only to LA consulate or can we apply to one which has a quicker processing time.

Any idea how long the processing time is in LA consulate.
Well all the US offices show a processing time of 30 days. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/visitors.asp#west

ditty

Apr 10, 2012
But will it be OK if I apply to NY office rather than to LA?
Anybody in this forum has done that?

ditty

Apr 10, 2012
Had applied for the TRV on 04/18.

Got the stamped PP yesterday 04/28 from LA office.
Thanks all for your inputs. Appreciate it.