+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it mandatory for my wife to travel with me

Sep 5, 2017
Hi All,

I am planing to get a Canada PR. I would be primary applicant and my wife secondary. What I want is that I first go there and settle and then my wife joins me later.

Is this possible than me and my wife dont travel together

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
You don't have to travel together. You can land alone first. She can't land as PR before you anyways.
Just make sure she lands before her PR visa expires.

Sep 5, 2017
Thanks, but she is mention as a spouse travelling with me in my application. Also we will get PR card only after we land in Canada so how will she get her PR if she is not in Canada.

I read that she needs to travel with me and can come back once she gets her PR which takes 2 to 3 months

elzsb

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
She will have to do a landing with you to finish the PR process and she can fly back after that, without the landing her visa will get expired. She doesn't need to stay with u 2 3 months if that is not feasible as u can collect the pr card and mail it to her if necessary.

Sep 5, 2017
Thanks elzsb, And this can be reversed also, I mean we both can fly together and apply for PR then the primary applicant can come back and she can stay and then mail me my PR. Once I get my PR i can fly back using that PR.

Asking this because I might file the application as my wife as primary applicant as she has a master degree. But we don't want to quit our jobs together as its a Financial burden.

I am assuming below is also fine?
So we both will land apply for PR then she the primary applicant comes back, I stay there and once the PR is mailed to me I mail it back to her.

Thanks a lot in advance

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, but she is mention as a spouse travelling with me in my application. Also we will get PR card only after we land in Canada so how will she get her PR if she is not in Canada.

I read that she needs to travel with me and can come back once she gets her PR which takes 2 to 3 months
For the last time, the dependent can land AFTER you and does not have to travel with you.

Skyler68

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
File Transfer...
01-08-2017
Passport Req..
09-11-2017
Thanks elzsb, And this can be reversed also, I mean we both can fly together and apply for PR then the primary applicant can come back and she can stay and then mail me my PR. Once I get my PR i can fly back using that PR.

Asking this because I might file the application as my wife as primary applicant as she has a master degree. But we don't want to quit our jobs together as its a Financial burden.

I am assuming below is also fine?
So we both will land apply for PR then she the primary applicant comes back, I stay there and once the PR is mailed to me I mail it back to her.

Thanks a lot in advance
Yes you both can land together. Then your wife, the primary applicant can leave and you mail her PR card to her. But remember in 5yrs she has to spend two in Canada to renew her PR status.