Software Engineer
Monday to Friday
25$/Hour 40 Hours a Week from 9 AM to 5PM

Drywall Installer around 32 hours/Week
At 16$/Hour
Wednesday from 7PM to 11PM
Thursday from 7PM to 11 PM
Saturday and Sunday 12 hour shift from 6AM to 6PM

which job should i show in my express entry profile, because both are gull time jobs, if i show Drywall Installer job in my express entry will it create any problem or not. Because some agent are saying mr that my primary job is of software engineer, but i dont think that there is any concept of primary job.
I am doing both jobs from 1 year continuously. Which job should i show in cec and dod drywall job only create any problem in express entry if i show only this job not software engineer

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
I have a question, I am doing Two Full Time jobs on PGWP which are

Software Engineer
Monday to Friday
25$/Hour 40 Hours a Week from 9 AM to 5PM

Drywall Installer around 32 hours/Week
At 16$/Hour
Wednesday from 7PM to 11PM
Thursday from 7PM to 11 PM
Saturday and Sunday 12 hour shift from 6AM to 6PM

which job should i show in my express entry profile, because both are gull time jobs, if i show Drywall Installer job in my express entry will it create any problem or not. Because some agent are saying mr that my primary job is of software engineer, but i dont think that there is any concept of primary job.
I am doing both jobs from 1 year continuously. Which job should i show in cec and dod drywall job only create any problem in express entry if i show only this job not software engineer
My question is why on earth are you debating listing a drywall job over a software engineer? I must be missing something, because you clearly want to put drywaller and leave off the IT job. You do realize that IT is an in demand occupation in most provinces. Would you get more points if you put drywaller? What TEER level is that? And yes the IRCC officer will question you having higher education and doing drywall work.

soh.aa

Jan 11, 2021
Hi, just wanted to confirm that to this date we can work for two full-time jobs on PGWP legally. Both jobs have the same NOC. Isit allowed on Canada right now to work two full time jobs on PGWP?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Hi, just wanted to confirm that to this date we can work for two full-time jobs on PGWP legally. Both jobs have the same NOC. Isit allowed on Canada right now to work two full time jobs on PGWP?

Thank you in advance for your response.
You are allowed to work for as many employers you want to on a PGWP. The permit is open so you have no restrictions except the ones listed on the face of the permit itself. But don't burn yourself out and be strategic because your goal now is to align work with the best path for PR.

soh.aa

Jan 11, 2021
Hi, thanks for the answer.

Just a quick question: Although both full-time jobs are under the same NOC and more or less have the same responsibilities. So

1. Will it be a problem with the PR application, as I will be doing two full-time jobs? Can they reject me based on the fact that I am doing 2 full-time jobs?
2. Also, how to show these experiences in PR applications? Can I skip one of that in the application?

Looking forward to your response and thanks in advance

Sonamanbeh

Aug 1, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2022
Nomination.....
28-09-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Med's Done....
24-11-2022
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2023
1. No.
2. You can only claim points for one of them and for the other you need to put in personal history.

ash008

Aug 16, 2023
Hi everyone,
I currently have 1 full time job in NOC B. I am working 40hrs per week (M-F). Been working on this for 2 years.

I recently got another job as a baker and I will work 30hrs per week - which will be considered as another full time job. Employer will give me LMIA for this position. I will be working on my PGWP with this LMIA. I will not process my close work permit until my PGWP is almost expiring.

I have my CEC express entry profile now. I have 415 CRS score.

I have couple of questions:
  1. If I got LMIA on the baker job, will I get 50 CRS score? even though my primary occupation on my profile is the other NOC B job?
  2. is it possible if I can still work on 2 job at the same time even though I have 1 job that will give me LMIA? (not close work permit yet)
Appreciate your response :)

Last edited:

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Answers:
1) No this can not work, you need to declare 1 job to receive the points accordingly. So if you want the 50 points as a baker, that will have to be your primary job.

2) Yes you can work as many jobs as you want. But only one can be the primary Job and going by the question neither one on it's own will give you enough points to clear 480.

ash008

Aug 16, 2023
Hi everyone,
I currently have 1 full time job in NOC B. I am working 40hrs per week (M-F). Been working on this for 2 years.

I recently got another job as a cook and I will work 30hrs per week - which will be considered as another full time job. Employer will give me LMIA for this position. I will be working on my PGWP with this LMIA. I will not process my close work permit until my PGWP is almost expiring.

I have my CEC express entry profile now. I have 415 CRS score.

I have couple of questions:
  1. If I got LMIA on the cook job, will I get 50 CRS score? even though my primary occupation on my profile is the other NOC B job?
  2. is it possible if I can still work on 2 job at the same time even though I have 1 job that will give me LMIA? (not close work permit yet)
Appreciate your response :)
Answers:
1) No this can not work, you need to declare 1 job to receive the points accordingly. So if you want the 50 points as a baker, that will have to be your primary job.

2) Yes you can work as many jobs as you want. But only one can be the primary Job and going by the question neither one on it's own will give you enough points to clear 480.
Thank you for your response. So does this mean that I need to find a job same as my NOC B code/primary occupation (2years exp) that has a LMIA to get the additional 50 points? I am planning to retake my English test to come up with 480.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Thank you for your response. So does this mean that I need to find a job same as my NOC B code/primary occupation (2years exp) that has a LMIA to get the additional 50 points? I am planning to retake my English test to come up with 480.
Yes, finding a similar NOC or better, that will give you an LMIA would secure that 50 points. Have you considered PNP? Sounds like you would qualify with either jobs that you have.

EE2485

Aug 10, 2021
Hi guys, I am kind of confused. I thoroughly read the IRCC website and some forums and couldn't find my answer!!!
I have 2 questions:
1. I have already 14 months full-time Canadian experience in one Noc Code (teer 1), if I worked for another 10 months in a different Noc Code, ( 14 +10 = 24 Months ) would I get points for 2 Year Canadian Experience on my Ircc profile by the fact that they are two different Nocs?
2. Supposedly, If somebody works in two full-time jobs at the same time for 1 year but in different Nocs (both in Teer 1) would they get point for 2 Year Canadian Experience?
Thank you for your response.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Hi guys, I am kind of confused. I thoroughly read the IRCC website and some forums and couldn't find my answer!!!
I have 2 questions:
1. I have already 14 months full-time Canadian experience in one Noc Code (teer 1), if I worked for another 10 months in a different Noc Code, ( 14 +10 = 24 Months ) would I get points for 2 Year Canadian Experience on my Ircc profile by the fact that they are two different Nocs?
2. Supposedly, If somebody works in two full-time jobs at the same time for 1 year but in different Nocs (both in Teer 1) would they get point for 2 Year Canadian Experience?
Thank you for your response.
To answer your questions:
1) Yes those two jobs will count towards CEC, so 14 + 10 = 24 months or 2yrs for Canadian experience if done consecutively and NOT simultaneously.

2) This is where you are confused - No you can not work 2 full time jobs for 1yr and have them count as 2yrs. You read the website and it clearly says only a maximum of 30hrs per week would be considered towards CEC. What you are suggesting here is a minimum of 60hrs per week for the 2 jobs. The hrs required are clear, doesn't matter how many jobs you got. You could have 4 part-time jobs that adds up to 30hrs per week, but only 1 full time job will give you the 30hrs.

So if in question 1 those 10 months overlapped with the 14 months, then your total time for CEC is 14 months.

Last edited:

bLaZe10

Jun 7, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I have been working for 1 year in Canada on PGWP and simultaneously also working remotely for an foreign company.

The working hours don't clashwith each other.

Can I claim points for 1 year Canadian experience and 1 year foreign work experience points in express entry?