+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it good to submit an application right after reaching 1095 days

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, i cant help but raise a question here. Within 80 days, i will reach my 1095 residence requirement and since the Government is trying to pass their Bill ASAP, it makes me want to submit an applicant soonest i can. But i heard ppl saying that it is best to wait a few more days, or months before submitting an application. Since 2011, i have record of all my travel details, such as hotel confirmation, flight confirmation which i intend to include in my application. There will be a very precise absence days i have left Canada during the last 4 years. I also have ordered a record of entry from CBSA so it will match my supporting documents perfectly. so, Should i submit my application right after 1095 physical presence to beat the odd that new legislation will come into full force?
Thanks for all the input

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To be honest this is a personal choice. If you have your math right then you should be fine and you have all the records to show. I was absolutely precise and applied on the 1125 day mark to be safe and yet I got RQed. So it's luck but yeah if this bill is rolling around I would give it a few days and then apply. Good news is things are moving faster so best of luck! :)

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Give yourself as much cushion as you can. The new bill won't become law until it achieves Royal Ascent. You should be able to track that and know when it will happen. You should be able to be very strategic about it.....

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bangloboy said:
To be honest this is a personal choice. If you have your math right then you should be fine and you have all the records to show. I was absolutely precise and applied on the 1125 day mark to be safe and yet I got RQed. So it's luck but yeah if this bill is rolling around I would give it a few days and then apply. Good news is things are moving faster so best of luck! :)
Thanks for the comment. It comes to me that as long as pre-test RQs r processed faster than post-test RQs so you are well within the 24 months to complete your application. The only reason i ask is because i have travel plan in may so it will only give me 1098 days b4 i leave the country. Thus, my next eligible time will be in june which the parliament might already pass the bill.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
links18 said:
Give yourself as much cushion as you can. The new bill won't become law until it achieves Royal Ascent. You should be able to track that and know when it will happen. You should be able to be very strategic about it.....
Thanks, my friend. I already check the parliament website at least once everyday and see how this bill is being processed. Again, it will be a great new if it doesnt pass 3rd reading in the house of common until Parliament resumes in September. Keep fingers crossed

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
Hi all, i cant help but raise a question here. Within 80 days, i will reach my 1095 residence requirement and since the Government is trying to pass their Bill ASAP, it makes me want to submit an applicant soonest i can. But i heard ppl saying that it is best to wait a few more days, or months before submitting an application. Since 2011, i have record of all my travel details, such as hotel confirmation, flight confirmation which i intend to include in my application. There will be a very precise absence days i have left Canada during the last 4 years. I also have ordered a record of entry from CBSA so it will match my supporting documents perfectly. so, Should i submit my application right after 1095 physical presence to beat the odd that new legislation will come into full force?
Thanks for all the input
I know each case is different, and I am not gonna give any advice, as you are the one who would know better about your own case.

However, I applied the day right after I qualified.

I even was planning on applying on the 1095 day exactly. However, waited for one more day, as it says "make sure you qualify the day before you send your application".

I sent my application on the 1096 day, never left Canada since I came, never got a RQ or a request for any additional documents.

My application was finalized from A to Z in 16 months.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
I know each case is different, and I am not gonna give any advice, as you are the one who would know better about your own case.

However, I applied the day right after I qualified.

I even was planing on applying on the 1095 day exactly. However, waited for one more day, as it says "make sure you qualify the day before you send your application".

I sent my application on the 1096 day, never left Canada since I came, never got a RQ or a request for any additional documents.

My application was finalized from A to Z in 16 months.
Thanks

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have started the processing of gathering supporting doc. already filed tax return, already apply ATIA from CBSA, already have all travel documents ready, will do RCMP clearance soon. Also will prepare photos and copy every single page of my passports. Then i will submit my application on the 1097th day. Glad to know that the new legislation wont be in full force anytime soon. But i am taking no chances, will file ASAP.
Good luck to everybody who r still waiting and who will be applying soon.

2nd reading and debate link
http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?Pub=Hansard&Doc=53&Parl=41&Ses=2&Language=E&Mode=1#int-8250182

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another week goes by and i want to thank how smooth things and how happy to learn that the bill wont be effective anytime soon, the Minister said it. I saw a lots posts during my time in the forum. It is a rare case that someone file an application right after reaching the 1095 day requirements. Sadly i found out i mis-calculated and after adding those absence, i will be right at 1096 b4 taking a 10 day vacation. If i dont file and wait, the next eligible will be in the middle of june. It is still fine, but i have ordered an entry record from CBSA and have eveyrthing else to file. Already file tax and received NOA, so nothing will be stopping me to apply. will start a new thread right after i submit my application.
anyway, gd luck, everybody and have a good weekend

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
As someone else said, its your choice. But be aware CIC is going to get a deluge of applications from people who just barely met the residency requirement ahead of the implementation of the new law. It could be to your advantage if your application stands out amongst these as having more of a cushion. Or it might not. Who knows?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
links18 said:
As someone else said, its your choice. But be aware CIC is going to get a deluge of applications from people who just barely met the residency requirement ahead of the implementation of the new law. It could be to your advantage if your application stands out amongst these as having more of a cushion. Or it might not. Who knows?
i am lucky to be eligible in may/june. now it only depends if i want to re-apply a entry record or not after my trip this may. Then will submit in early july, with more than 1120 days residence. we will see. never trust politician's empty promise, which they said it would take less than a year after implementation of the new act.

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
just wondering if someone can order CBSA if they never left Canada since they came.
I'm sending my application soon, and never left Canada since I come in 2011.
So, do I need to Ask CBSA to send me proof that I never left Canada?
also, what documents do I need to support my application or to satisfy that I was present and never left.
Thanks in advance

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simple as that, one should submit application once the application date reaches to 1100 days mark subject to online residence calculation has no error on traveling dates..

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jma said:
just wondering if someone can order CBSA if they never left Canada since they came.
I'm sending my application soon, and never left Canada since I come in 2011.
So, do I need to Ask CBSA to send me proof that I never left Canada?
also, what documents do I need to support my application or to satisfy that I was present and never left.
Thanks in advance
I believe you don't need anything as your residence calculator will show '0' days absent. All you need to submit the CIC asked documents with proof of work (send T4 and Notice Of Assessments for 3 years). I just read in other thread CIC asked NOA documents from an applicant who passed interview.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Having a few days padding is a good idea. I read at least once case of someone applying at 1095 days and then realizing afterwards they forgot a trip and was panicking if they should let CIC know or try to hide it.

Unless you carefully logged every trip, it is good to have a week or two of padding.