+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it compulsory to pay part of the fees before I could get the study permit?

Lovely44

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
Hello , I am about to apply for a study permit to Canada, I got admission in university of New Brunswick, I want to know is it compulsory to pay the fees before I could have the chance of getting the visa? Would I have the chance to get the visa with good profile if I did not pay the fees ?

Lovely44

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
Hi, I'm not sure if it will improve your file (I'm guessing it probably will) but I got my visa without paying the fee.
Oh okay. Thank you brother. I'm sure your documents were convicing enough. Is there any advice you could give me towards the documentation ?

Sep 4, 2018
Oh okay. Thank you brother. I'm sure your documents were convicing enough. Is there any advice you could give me towards the documentation ?
No problem. I applied online and to be honest my dad helped me with my application. I'd say, be really careful and alert when filling out the forms and make sure you get all your spellings right, re-check several times and get multiple people to go through your documentation if possible. If a certain portion of the application form/s confuses you, just google it and you'll find tons of questions about not just one but all the portions, on here and also on youtube. Also, if you apply online make sure you pay your biometric fees right after submitting your application and application fees, a lot of people aren't asked to pay their biometric fees when applying online due to some technical issues, if you wait too long to be asked for your biometric fees your Biometric Instruction Letter could expire (it usually expires within 30 days after you submit your application) and it can lead to refusal. If you have any questions don't be afraid of making an inquiry on the official Government of Canada website, they usually reply within 12-24 hours if it's worth replying to. Also, waiting for visa approval and just thinking about it being approved or possibly rejected can make you really anxious and stressed so try not to think too much about it, it won't help, it'll just mess you up mentally. So try to stay positive throughout the entire process. I hope that helps, feel free to ask me more questions :)

Lovely44

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
No problem. I applied online and to be honest my dad helped me with my application. I'd say, be really careful and alert when filling out the forms and make sure you get all your spellings right, re-check several times and get multiple people to go through your documentation if possible. If a certain portion of the application form/s confuses you, just google it and you'll find tons of questions about not just one but all the portions, on here and also on youtube. Also, if you apply online make sure you pay your biometric fees right after submitting your application and application fees, a lot of people aren't asked to pay their biometric fees when applying online due to some technical issues, if you wait too long to be asked for your biometric fees your Biometric Instruction Letter could expire (it usually expires within 30 days after you submit your application) and it can lead to refusal. If you have any questions don't be afraid of making an inquiry on the official Government of Canada website, they usually reply within 12-24 hours if it's worth replying to. Also, waiting for visa approval and just thinking about it being approved or possibly rejected can make you really anxious and stressed so try not to think too much about it, it won't help, it'll just mess you up mentally. So try to stay positive throughout the entire process. I hope that helps, feel free to ask me more questions :)
Thank you so much brother. I really appreciate your advice . I am applying direct at the vfs office in Ghana, and they do the biometric and the payment right there.

Lovely44

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
But please I will like to ask one more thing, in the application form, there's a question about my spouse and kids. I have a wife and two kids, but in the section B, it stated that if no children is listed or you do not have children, read and sign below. But I have kids and I filled in their names so do I still have to sign or I should leave that signature Cullum . Same thing as my spouse there's a portion that that says if I did not have a spouse, read and sign below. I just want to know if I still have to sign even when I listed their names?
Thank you so much brother. I really appreciate your advice . I am applying direct at the vfs office in Ghana, and they do the biometric and the payment right there.