+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it better to go now or wait until I can find a job in Canada?

BB_keina

Feb 27, 2014
I am a Filipino, currently working in KSA as a nurse.

I finished my medical this week and I am waiting for my visa.

I know this is a good news, but I have many concerns that I can't sleep.

Is it better to move to Quebec, Canada and leave my job here?

I don't know how to speak French and I know that most of the employers wanted a bilingual employee.

How about the cost of living? How much money do I need to prepare?

Can I transfer to Toronto, where my cousins are and find a good job there?

I have too many questions and it is stressing me out.

Thanks for advise! :)

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Where you land will fairly significantly be decided by the restrictions of your visa. If you have a visa, you would do better to attempt to secure a job before you arrive, or at the very least schedule some interviews. Unless you have money.

Good luck

Slowlybtsurely

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
NetMecca said:
Where you land will fairly significantly be decided by the restrictions of your visa. If you have a visa, you would do better to attempt to secure a job before you arrive, or at the very least schedule some interviews. Unless you have money.

Good luck
Seeing as she is a nurse, she will have to re-qualify to be able to get a job.

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
That would make it a little more complicated.

I am under the impression that we have a shortage of nurses in Canada whch might make this process a little easier.

I found this on the CIC website. Have a peek. This might help somewhat with planning.

http://www.nnas.ca/how-to-apply/

This might also help

https://www.cna-aiic.ca/en/becoming-an-rn/work-in-canada

Good luck

BB_keina

Feb 27, 2014
NetMecca said:

Good luck
Hello! Thanks for your tips.

Are there any reliable sites that I can use to check companies?

Since I cannot be a nurse in Canada, what jobs I can apply that doesn't need re-certification? and also can help me to survive living in Canada.

I'm not sure if my saved money is enough for me to live in Canada without a secured job. :)

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
There are many websites. Search google for "job advertisements Canada".

Though websites with job ads are pretty useless to you if you do not have status (visa). Chances are your application will get filtered out automatically and never even be seen by a real human.

Also depends on the type of job you are looking for. Perhaps explore "home care jobs canada". Not sure about certification requirements. But I know there are shortages in this area as well, which might also make this a little easier.

Good luck