+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it better to create your express entry profile including your spouse details?

faizan123

May 28, 2015
I am looking forward to create express entry profile. Please guide me that will it be better to include details about my spouse as well.

Please note that we both are engineers with over 5 years of experience.
We both have done M.Sc. Engineering.
Our English skills are also good.

Moreover, please tell that is it compulsory to carry out ECA for my wife's education.
will I get more points and brighter chances for getting an ITA????

Please guide.

Thanks.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
If you are married, and you indicate single in profile, you are misrepresenting. Even if you get away with it, you can't bring her to Canada as a spouse afterwards. You can indicate your spouse isn't coming to Canada with you after you get ITA, but that doesn't change the score.

Just get both you and your spouse a ECA and IELTS/CELPIP for more points. I don't think spouse ECA/IELTS is required, but it will help your points.

faizan123

May 28, 2015
mf4361 said:
If you are married, and you indicate single in profile, you are misrepresenting. Even if you get away with it, you can't bring her to Canada as a spouse afterwards. You can indicate your spouse isn't coming to Canada with you after you get ITA, but that doesn't change the score.

Just get both you and your spouse a ECA and IELTS/CELPIP for more points. I don't think spouse ECA/IELTS is required, but it will help your points.

Moreover, please tell whether is it better to apply through consultants at my place . or is it better if one applies directly by himself.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
It really its your choice whether to use a consultant. But there are many horror story here on the forum about hiring a consultant / lawyer.

Really, there are too many crooks in this world

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faizan123 said:
Moreover, please tell whether is it better to apply through consultants at my place . or is it better if one applies directly by himself.
You can do it yourself. Since both you and your wife are highly educated and speak English, you should both get your educational credentials assessed and your English tested, and then you both fill out applications as principal applicants with the other as spouse.

Your wife's ECA and IELTS will increase your overall score.

You can decide which of you will be the principal applicant based on which of you has the higher score when you try EE both ways. Generally, whoever has higher educational credentials, is younger in age, and has the best English score should be the principal applicant.