Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
So any good consultants or lawyer in Pakistan?

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ghufrankhan said:
So any good consultants or lawyer in Pakistan?
Hello Wasty and Ghufrankhan

I would like to clarify a few things here about consultant and lawyers as being discussed on this forum -

1. Like mentioned on this post, if you have the time and resource (internet) please try to find as much info yourself and apply yourself because consultants (not lawyers) are just their to guide you to fill forms and submit your application.

2. Major misconception - "Consultants help you get admission" - This is entirely false... I am a Univ of Alberta graduate ( no consultant) and when I applied i got in 4 other univs....so it is your profile that matters - not consultant.

3. Role of consultant is to guide you to apply correctly for admission and visa - it is limited to that - they cannot do anything more...at the of the day you get your visa coz of your credentials and documents.

4. Consultants and lawyers can both be helpful if you have a complicated case ( for example - no parents to support, few ties in home country etc)

5. Consultants are available all over the world and charge about $500 to $1000 ( in any currency) - thats their average cost.

6. Immigration lawyers are entirely different - They have the power to represent you in the court of law if required - Most immigration lawyers only accept complicated cases - or cases already rejected unlawfully - they will not help you fill your forms ( they will just ask their assistant to help you with that)
Cost of lawyers - $2000 + (Can be upto $15000 depending on case)
You will not find Immigration lawyers in Pakistan - Immigration lawyer in pakistan can only work under Pakistan law not Canadian law. Immigration lawyer in canada must be authorized as a full fledged lawyer - so if some one in pakistan tells you that he is a Canadian immigration lawyer -- Check his credentials.

Hope this info helps. Just so you guys know - I got admission in canada, then study permit, then recently work visa and now I am applying for PR all on my own. All the info is on CIC website and this forum is great help.

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
vermanaman said:
Hello Wasty and Ghufrankhan

I would like to clarify a few things here about consultant and lawyers as being discussed on this forum -

1. Like mentioned on this post, if you have the time and resource (internet) please try to find as much info yourself and apply yourself because consultants (not lawyers) are just their to guide you to fill forms and submit your application.

2. Major misconception - "Consultants help you get admission" - This is entirely false... I am a Univ of Alberta graduate ( no consultant) and when I applied i got in 4 other univs....so it is your profile that matters - not consultant.

3. Role of consultant is to guide you to apply correctly for admission and visa - it is limited to that - they cannot do anything more...at the of the day you get your visa coz of your credentials and documents.

4. Consultants and lawyers can both be helpful if you have a complicated case ( for example - no parents to support, few ties in home country etc)

5. Consultants are available all over the world and charge about $500 to $1000 ( in any currency) - thats their average cost.

6. Immigration lawyers are entirely different - They have the power to represent you in the court of law if required - Most immigration lawyers only accept complicated cases - or cases already rejected unlawfully - they will not help you fill your forms ( they will just ask their assistant to help you with that)
Cost of lawyers - $2000 + (Can be upto $15000 depending on case)
You will not find Immigration lawyers in Pakistan - Immigration lawyer in pakistan can only work under Pakistan law not Canadian law. Immigration lawyer in canada must be authorized as a full fledged lawyer - so if some one in pakistan tells you that he is a Canadian immigration lawyer -- Check his credentials.

Hope this info helps. Just so you guys know - I got admission in canada, then study permit, then recently work visa and now I am applying for PR all on my own. All the info is on CIC website and this forum is great help.
really appreciable thanks

Wasty

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
Thank you for the information. I will keep you informed on what happens to my case.