+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it an offence to advise in forum

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
Hi recently I went to one registered immigration consultant with one of my friend

I told him I have little knowledge because I am regular member of this forum and some times if I know the answer

I advise them

He give me so funny and surprise answers : he said

It a offence to advise without having licence

Also he said he could call police if he know any one do this

I told him in forum we help each other and no payment involvedmemt here

But he said still shouldn't do it

Can any seniors explain the positive or negative side the above matter

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - it's an offence if you're paid for the advice you give. Seeing as you're not paid for it - the police aren't going to do anything about it.

Of course he's going to tell you that you shouldn't do it. He gets paid for giving advice and would prefer that people not use internet forums.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi recently I went to one registered immigration consultant with one of my friend

I told him I have little knowledge because I am regular member of this forum and some times if I know the answer

I advise them

All advise on this forum is just a suggestion. I think the lawyer is just scaring you to not involve with his course of action

Reactions: skekk

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
But I help lots of my friends to fill up the form etc

But do you think it just example:

If he tell police this is an offence or not

Becaus I didn't take any money

I told him I helped lots of my friend

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Police will do nothing about it. RBC gave me a wrong tax recommendation when I first moved to Canada and it costed me a penalty. Their response was that they were not tax adviser, therefore, they were not responsible for their advices, I need to make my own decisions. So, if RBC is not responsible for tax advices, don't feel you are responsible for wrong recommendations. If you are still concerned you can add a signature that states that all your posts in this forum represent your personal opinion and the user of the information is responsible for the decisions they make.

skekk

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I saw a "lawyer" filling some paperwork for a scared guy at Macdonalds. The guy had a PR card (so I guess everything is legal). But the lawyer looked so serious and intimidating that I really wanted to say to the guy: "Run away!" I think that very often people of the same nationality take advantage of less informed individuals (often the language factor).

skekk

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Police will do nothing about it. RBC gave me a wrong tax recommendation when I first moved to Canada and it costed me a penalty. Their response was that they were not tax adviser, therefore, they were not responsible for their advices, I need to make my own decisions. So, if RBC is not responsible for tax advices, don't feel you are responsible for wrong recommendations. If you are still concerned you can add a signature that states that all your posts in this forum represent your personal opinion and the user of the information is responsible for the decisions they make.
So true my friend!

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
What I understand
As long as I or you hep friends and family who need help , it is ok

Because this is helping not business

If helped person claim that took money but not have license etc etc

Then might be issue or els even called police nothing could happen

Because there is no prove or no documentation to calim or to make a case file

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
And very important criminal offence is not so easy

If some one called police and tell something about you don't think police will write on their computer your name as criminal

Police need some documents and prove

What I said this is just my understanding

Because I helped my wife to fill application and my sister So it is nothing wrong

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
If it was an offence this forum would not have existed.
Tell that consultant of yours you are not the only one, there is an army of such people here and in case the consultant has doubts on immigration, he, too can post questions here :)

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Guys, this forum is hosted on the webserver of an immigration law firm. Do you really think they would allow illegal activity on here?!

This is not about the police not wanting to follow up on this. It is perfectly legal to give and to receive advice on this forum. It is unpaid advice and no one on here is legally representing anyone before IRCC or the courts. You are, of course, also allowed to help out friends and family as long as it is not paid/businesslike.

If I, however, may give some perfectly legal advice to the original poster, Hamid khan: Do not use the services of this immigration consultant you are speaking of any further. If he/she is already giving you wrong legal information and even intimidate you on such basic matters, that is a very bad sign. There are a lot of bad immigration consultants out there who are not even half as informed as the senior members of this forum.

There also is a tremendous difference between an immigration consultant and an immigration lawyer, please keep that in mind.

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011

I advise them

Positive side: He gets business if he scares people into not getting information on forums.

Negative side: He's full of shit.

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
I like to use forum
I found here many people have very good knowledge
So why I will spend my money to lawyer

Example: SPYFY has very good knowledge I found his bill C6 post

So if I have any question about I prefer to flow his C6 post

Same I did my WP PR etc application

Reactions: spyfy

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
If it was an offence this forum would not have existed.
Tell that consultant of yours you are not the only one, there is an army of such people here and in case the consultant has doubts on immigration, he, too can post questions here :)
good one ,, I like it