+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it allowed to have more than one study permit application?

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
My program has been deferred to fall 2021, college has stated a new LOA will be issued from October onwards when the intake re-opens, however the LOA is not guranteed due to the fact lot of students have deferred and will be dependant on availability of seats for next year. Whilst, I'm waiting for 2nd stage sp processing, am I permitted to apply for a different program at another college using the same GCKey account?

mnm_22

Oct 11, 2019
My program has been deferred to fall 2021, college has stated a new LOA will be issued from October onwards when the intake re-opens, however the LOA is not guranteed due to the fact lot of students have deferred and will be dependant on availability of seats for next year. Whilst, I'm waiting for 2nd stage sp processing, am I permitted to apply for a different program at another college using the same GCKey account?
Hi Laguna55
Have you got any answer to your question? Would you kindly share with me? I'm more or less in a similar situation.

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
Sorry no answers, but I think it would not be possible. Plus applying for a different course will attract extra fees which would not be sensible

Akash_Deep

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
I don't think so it is possible because this will affect your file. As study visa means that you are going to canada for study purpose. If you are applying for two colleges it shows like your main purpose is not your studies. you can't choose two different courses from different colleges. This indicates that you are not a genuine student.
So don't do this.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
I can say that you cannot have more than one SP application in the system. However, even if you would be allowed, you must withdraw your current application and make a new one. The reason is that a second SP application would count as a duplicate and result an auto-refusal