+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it allowable to take a break

fedail

Star Member
May 20, 2012
Hello,

I'm enrolling in uwo. Is it allowable to take a break semester. I want to study semester and work another one to gain earn mony because the study fees is too heigh.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
fedail said:
Hello,

I'm enrolling in uwo. Is it allowable to take a break semester. I want to study semester and work another one to gain earn mony because the study fees is too heigh.
When you are not a full time student then you can't work in Canada.

Quote: "To keep your work permit, you must remain a full-time student at a participating institution and continue to obtain satisfactory academic results. If you are no longer a full-time student, if you move to a non-participating institution, or if you do not maintain satisfactory academic results, you must return your work permit immediately to a local CIC office."

Nawtyp

Jun 8, 2012
fedail said:
Hello,

You have to remain an active student to be able to work

fedail

Star Member
May 20, 2012
The problem is that I have to study a foundation year as a part time student. So I have to wait 1 year and half to obtain work permit. I was thinking about travel again to my country and work for 8 months and with this salary I can pay for the next year.

Is there anyway to take a loan there with high interests for International students.

bazinga07

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Why do you have to undergo a foundation year? If it is possible for you to cover the condition back home and then directly start your full time studies in Canada, that's a better option. Plus, legally as far as I know you can only work part time; 20 hours per week. That is also if you are enrolled in a full time program. You can take Summers off and work. But important thing to note is that legally you can only work 20 hours per week. So I guess until you are really sure of your funds, don't travel and ruin your future and education. Because what you earn might not be enough to support your fees and living. Plus you will not be able to perform well in your studies if you work excessively.

Hope this helps!

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
In summers or other breaks while a person is full time student, he can work full time. 20 hours limit exists only during semesters when a student is studying.