+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it advisable to have your baby's delivery out of Canada while you are PR card holders

aazeb423

May 19, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2017
Nomination.....
20-Mar-2017
AOR Received.
10-July-2017
Med's Request
20-Sep-2017
Med's Done....
27-Sep-2017
LANDED..........
20-06-2018
Dears,

Please support me. Me n my wife are PR cards holder. We both landed in 25 June 2018 in Canada n currently out of Canada due to my job. But now my family is expecting a baby. I m confused that should my deliver here in my home country or she must deliver in Canada.

If I opt option one ie manage delivery here in my home country i.e out of Canada how baby visa will be processed? Is it easy process or I should manage delivery inside Canada which is very tough due to job constraints etc. Please advise

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
If your wife delivers in your country then you must be willing to be apart for at least 1 year if you plan to sponsor your child. This is because as PR, you or your wife must be residing in Canada AND abiding by RO to be able to sponsor.

If your choose to deliver the baby in Canada, then ensure you move with enough time to activate your provincial health care, if you don't, be prepared to bear the full cost of delivery which is a minimum of $10,000. Your baby is automatically a citizen this way though.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dears,

Please support me. Me n my wife are PR cards holder. We both landed in 25 June 2018 in Canada n currently out of Canada due to my job. But now my family is expecting a baby. I m confused that should my deliver here in my home country or she must deliver in Canada.

If I opt option one ie manage delivery here in my home country i.e out of Canada how baby visa will be processed? Is it easy process or I should manage delivery inside Canada which is very tough due to job constraints etc. Please advise
If you want to give birth to the child in Canada, your wife will need to have plans to remain in Canada after the child is born for a number of months (likely at least 6 months). If she fails to do this, the province will come after her for misusing the health care system and she will be required to pay back the costs of the birth and any other care she received.

If you give birth to the child outside of Canada, then you will need to sponsor the child for PR. You can only sponsor the child for PR once either your or your wife is living in Canada. You can try to apply for a TRV/TRP to bring your child with you to Canada before PR - however approval rates are only around 50/50.

aazeb423

May 19, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2017
Nomination.....
20-Mar-2017
AOR Received.
10-July-2017
Med's Request
20-Sep-2017
Med's Done....
27-Sep-2017
LANDED..........
20-06-2018
thank
If your wife delivers in your country then you must be willing to be apart for at least 1 year if you plan to sponsor your child. This is because as PR, you or your wife must be residing in Canada AND abiding by RO to be able to sponsor.

If your choose to deliver the baby in Canada, then ensure you move with enough time to activate your provincial health care, if you don't, be prepared to bear the full cost of delivery which is a minimum of $10,000. Your baby is automatically a citizen this way though.
thanks

aazeb423

May 19, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2017
Nomination.....
20-Mar-2017
AOR Received.
10-July-2017
Med's Request
20-Sep-2017
Med's Done....
27-Sep-2017
LANDED..........
20-06-2018
If you want to give birth to the child in Canada, your wife will need to have plans to remain in Canada after the child is born for a number of months (likely at least 6 months). If she fails to do this, the province will come after her for misusing the health care system and she will be required to pay back the costs of the birth and any other care she received.

If you give birth to the child outside of Canada, then you will need to sponsor the child for PR. You can only sponsor the child for PR once either your or your wife is living in Canada. You can try to apply for a TRV/TRP to bring your child with you to Canada before PR - however approval rates are only around 50/50.
Thanks for your feedback, this is not the case. my wife is doctor and is on Job, after delivery of the baby and her recovery she will have to go back to home country to continue her job and she will continue it for another one year ( as per her contract with hospital) and then finally she will come Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your feedback, this is not the case. my wife is doctor and is on Job, after delivery of the baby and her recovery she will have to go back to home country to continue her job and she will continue it for another one year ( as per her contract with hospital) and then finally she will come Canada.
There are residency requirements to receive health care in Canada so you cannot just give birth and leave. If she needs to return to work in under 6 months giving birth in Canada is not an option. Does she also realize that she likely won't be able to practice medicine in Canada. Only a very small fraction of IMGs get to practice family medicine. If she was to continue being a doctor, moving to Canada isn.t a good idea. There are options in places like the US, UK, etc.

Reactions: Buletruck and jddd