+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it advisable for me to exit in Montana rather than phone a sched in edmonton?

jepoy0811

Nov 16, 2012
Hi there my work permit will expire in November and I got already ppr I'm thinking is it safe or advisable for me to go Montana and do exit? Is there some problems that u encountered going there? Thank u guys

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jepoy0811 said:
Hi there my work permit will expire in November and I got already ppr I'm thinking is it safe or advisable for me to go Montana and do exit? Is there some problems that u encountered going there? Thank u guys
You need to gather information first to help you decide - you have 3+ months left before your WP expires. And this is dependent on when your PPs come back as well as the CoPRs.

As soon as you get your PP back, you'd better try first to contact CIC and try to schedule a landing appointment in Edmonton - they usually will tell you the available schedule - you can always choose not to go through with scheduling the landing appointment. If it is too close to the WP expiry date or after the WP expiry date, then you are left with the option to flagpole at the border. If the appointment can be made with a month or few weeks before your WP expires, then you have two options - choose which is to your convenience and gives you more leeway with time.

...hth

jepoy0811

Nov 16, 2012
Thank you so much for the tips. I really apreciated it. I'm gonna call edmonton as soon as I recieve my pasport ty