+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it a good idea to let a rich friend of my father's to financially support me?

mjarmak

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
I'm reside in lebanon, my dad's friend lives in new York with an American bank account and is very wealthy, he accepted to sign an affidavit and everything, but would the visa officer be satisfied?

sasasearles

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Jamaica
Visa Office......
Canada High commision Jamaica
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-03-2014
Interview........
03-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
mjarmak said:
I'm reside in lebanon, my dad's friend lives in new York with an American bank account and is very wealthy, he accepted to sign an affidavit and everything, but would the visa officer be satisfied?
Yes just get him to pay the tuition.

Get a bank statement and a letter explaining the reason y he paying for u

mjarmak

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
I also have a canadian uncle who agreed to support me but I'm afraid the visa officer will have doubt since my uncle is canadian :(
You think my father's friend is better than my uncle?

sasasearles

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Jamaica
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-03-2014
Interview........
03-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
mjarmak said:
I also have a canadian uncle who agreed to support me but I'm afraid the visa officer will have doubt since my uncle is canadian :(
You think my father's friend is better than my uncle?

Question how old are you?

What ties u have to ur country?

mjarmak

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
I'm 21, I have uncles here in Lebanon and uncles in Canada.
My father owns properties here in lebanon.
All my relatives reside here in Lebanon except one brother who resides in canada.

sasasearles

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Jamaica
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-03-2014
Interview........
03-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
mjarmak said:
I'm 21, I have uncles here in Lebanon and uncles in Canada.
My father owns properties here in lebanon.
All my relatives reside here in Lebanon except one brother who resides in canada.
Okay. So have u applied and got accepted?

I think it's two affidavit you must have. So you can use ur uncle and ur friend father.

Once you are accepted you must pay the tuition and then u apply for the visa

mjarmak

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
No i got rejected due to not being able to satisfy the visa officer than i have enough funds, that's why i want either my uncle of my dad's friend to financially support me

sasasearles

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Jamaica
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-03-2014
Interview........
03-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
STEP ONE: Choose Your Program
Use our programs database to choose from over 120 diploma, degree and graduate certificate program options across 5 faculties.
Learn More
STEP TWO: Submit your Application
Applying online is the only way you can apply. Sheridan doesn’t have paper applications.
Learn More
STEP THREE: Track your Application
After you apply online, you will receive important information from Sheridan by email within 1 to 5 business days after submitting your application.
Learn More
STEP FOUR: Submit your Documents
We use an Online Document Uploading system. You can upload your documents once you have submitted your application online, paid your application fee and received a nine-digit Sheridan ID number.
Learn More
STEP FIVE: Confirm Your Acceptance
To confirm your acceptance of a Sheridan offer of admission, please log into your My Student Centre and select the Accept option under the admissions heading
Learn More
STEP SIX: Pay Your Fees
Failure to pay your fees by the fee deadline specified in your Fee Invoice will result in a $100 charge...
Learn More
STEP SEVEN: Explore Housing Options
Your housing application is separate from your application for admission. There are also off campus housing options available for international students
Learn More
STEP EIGHT: Apply for Study Permit
In order to study in Canada, you will require a study permit.
Learn More
STEP NINE: Send Outstanding Documents
If you received only a Conditional Letter of Acceptance, your application will be processed for final admission once we have received all of your completed documentation of your complete academic record. To ensure your seat in the program, you are required to submit the necessary documentation by the due date indicated in Conditional Letter of Acceptance or you will not be able to begin classes.
Learn More

mjarmak said:
No i got rejected due to not being able to satisfy the visa officer than i have enough funds, that's why i want either my uncle of my dad's friend to financially support me

sasasearles

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Jamaica
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-03-2014
Interview........
03-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
What did u submit to the embassy?

mjarmak said:

mjarmak

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Bank statement, affidavit from my father, proof that my father owns properties, family extract, civil extract, acceptance letter from university, copy of diploma, SOP, CV, copy of passport id page

sasasearles

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Jamaica
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-03-2014
Interview........
03-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
mjarmak said:
Bank statement, affidavit from my father, proof that my father owns properties, family extract, civil extract, acceptance letter from university, copy of diploma, SOP, CV, copy of passport id page
Oh. So you got rejected that u don't have enough funds?

mjarmak

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
We don't have GIC here in lebanon so it's harder to satisfy the officer. I will be also paying tuition this time to increase my chances

sasasearles

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Jamaica
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-03-2014
Interview........
03-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
To prove you have this money, you can provide any of the following documents: bank statements, evidence of a Canadian account in your name if the money’s been transferred, a bank draft in a convertible currency, proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees, a letter from a person or institution providing you with money, or proof of funding paid from within Canada if you have a scholarship or are undertaking a Canadian-funded program.

mjarmak said:
Yes, i have enough funds but it's really hard to satisfy the visa officer here in lebanon
Why didn't u pay the tuition fee?