+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is interview over Ready For Visa email a new trend?

NemesisBR

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
Interview........
14-08-2018
Passport Req..
14-08-2018 ?
Does anyone know if you receive an interview request, whether it's possible to simply do this at the border instead? (i.e. port of entry)

I mean, it's a bit rash to expect my PPR already, but we have seen it happen a lot in the last few weeks that people can get it 35-50 days after AOR. If I get mine anytime in the next 2-3 weeks, I either have to re-schedule it, or abort a vacation I paid a lot of money for... I will arrive at YVR Airport on August 28 though.
On the email it sounds pretty clear that they want you at their office at the scheduled time.
If you got this email you could send this question to their IRCC email.

My case CIC-Winnipeg@cic.gc.ca - I also got a question and they replied next day but, I provided my UCI and account number.
I don't know if they would reply for different offices thou.

But my guess is, unfortunately no, you can't do both on when landing for your port of entry.

Reactions: Vitesze

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
On the email it sounds pretty clear that they want you at their office at the scheduled time.
If you got this email you could send this question to their IRCC email.

My case CIC-Winnipeg@cic.gc.ca - I also got a question and they replied next day but, I provided my UCI and account number.
I don't know if they would reply for different offices thou.

But my guess is, unfortunately no, you can't do both on when landing for your port of entry.
Good to know ;)

Reactions: NemesisBR

Ram_29

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Ottawa , Ontario,Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-08-2018
AOR Received.
27-081989
Med's Done....
20-09-2018
Hi Ram,

You can check this thread for spousal interviews.

I don't think there's any difference from which class you're applying to (CEC, FEC, FCS, ...).

I was comparing the cases on the link to the cases here, and spousal interviews are different.
If they have any doubt about your marriage, they will tell you in advance that the interview is to do a check on your marriage.
If you have this clause in your interview request you should be good by reviewing the posts on the thread.

Thanks!
thank u so much

Reactions: NemesisBR

louiseuk86

Aug 3, 2018
Hello, I also have been invited for an interview on the 7th of Aug. My issue is i don't know how to pay the right of permanent residency fee before my interview. When I go through the link given on the letter it then just asks me to sign into my account but I can't see where in my account I pay the fee. Has anyone already done this and can let me know how they paid? thank you!

parmarjas

Jul 30, 2018
For me, both UCI and application number matched.

They also disclose you address on the email.
Is your address correct on the email?

Either way, you could send them an email to check - it is also on the interview request email.
yep address is correct on my email.

NemesisBR

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
Interview........
14-08-2018
Passport Req..
14-08-2018 ?
Does anyone know if you receive an interview request, whether it's possible to simply do this at the border instead? (i.e. port of entry)

I mean, it's a bit rash to expect my PPR already, but we have seen it happen a lot in the last few weeks that people can get it 35-50 days after AOR. If I get mine anytime in the next 2-3 weeks, I either have to re-schedule it, or abort a vacation I paid a lot of money for... I will arrive at YVR Airport on August 28 though.
Hi Vitesze!

Great news! I just got back from the interview and I don't need to do the port of entry, the landing to get PR officially completed.
They completed the process after the interview and will mail the PR Card to your home! That's awesome!

So, the whole interview process was:

1. Ask for your documents:
  • A valid passport
  • Two photographs
  • All Temporary Resident document(s) issued by IRCC
  • Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

2. Review your documents

3. Ask the following questions:
  • Have you been convicted on a crime in Canada?
  • Have you been invited to leave Canada during your stay?
  • Have you been rejected to enter Canada?

4. After these answered, you sign 2 copies of the Confirmation of Permanent Residency (CPR)

5. They return your passport with a really simple stamp (not even close to the one I had as a student) and a number handwritten

6. And the officer said: "Congratulations, now you are a Canadian PR!"

After this I just confirmed that:
  • If you get this interview, you don't need to leave and reenter Canada to complete the PR process :D
They are going to mail your PR card(s).

Such a relief for this two years and two months!!

FYI @sergionunesjr @mamiojo @alldrops @karthik1990 @parmarjas @wm902 @Ram_29 @mcaranay @louiseuk86

Reactions: Vitesze

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Hi Vitesze!

Great news! I just got back from the interview and I don't need to do the port of entry, the landing to get PR officially completed.
They completed the process after the interview and will mail the PR Card to your home! That's awesome!
Thanks for the update! Great to hear.

I haven't received my PPR yet, so it's likely if I get an interview request, that it will get scheduled after I return on August 28. There's three CIC offices within 1h where I live, so I think it's very likely they'll go down that route with my application as well.