+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IS IELTS writing re evaluation worth?

jj_1990

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Hi guys,
I got a score of 8/8/7/6.5 in R/L/S/W. I was hoping a better score in Writing. Is it worth trying for revaluation? Or will my current score decrease furthermore?
Please help !
If you are confident that you did well in Writing, then go for revaluation. My Writing score increased from 6.5 to 7 on revaluation. And the score will never decrease; it will either remain the same or increase.

mapleleaf523

Apr 12, 2019
If you are confident that you did well in Writing, then go for revaluation. My Writing score increased from 6.5 to 7 on revaluation. And the score will never decrease; it will either remain the same or increase.
I got L 8.5, R 9.0, W 6.5, S 8.0. I am thinking of filing an EOR. I gave computer-based IELTS via the British Council. I am thinking of filing an EOR for both speaking and writing, just in case if either of them increases and I get the fee back. Or is it advised to file an EOR for writing section only? I have heard that they usually give an increase in one section only, not sure if that is true?

CoolGuy26

Jan 24, 2019
I got L 8.5, R 9.0, W 6.5, S 8.0. I am thinking of filing an EOR. I gave computer-based IELTS via the British Council. I am thinking of filing an EOR for both speaking and writing, just in case if either of them increases and I get the fee back. Or is it advised to file an EOR for writing section only? I have heard that they usually give an increase in one section only, not sure if that is true?

So there is a rule that much i know that, if you any two sections sore difference is 2 then they will automatically re-evaluation for the lowest one and then only release the result. So here it is not seems worth from my opinion.

CanDAspirant

Mar 13, 2018
I got 9/8/6.5/7.5 for R/L/W/S respectively(computer-based). Applied for re-evaluation and score got increased from 6.5 to 7.5 for Writing. It is worth trying.

ddesai3

Mar 12, 2021
Hello guys,
I got a score of 9/8/8/6.5 in R/L/S/W. I didn't fulfill the requirement of 150 words in the Letter section in writing, but other than that everything was fine. Is it worth trying for reevaluation?