NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent Application on May 7,2013
IELTS Request
sent with initial application
Who all need to give the IELTS??

I have my B.S. from US, would I be required to sit for the exam too? and what about my spouse? I will be the primary applicant and my spouse dependent.

Thanks for your help.

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
I am not sure, however my brother is also a graduate from US, holding BS. He applied from the usa and they did not ask him to take IELTS.

sbo

Mar 2, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
mirza897 said:
I am not sure, however my brother is also a graduate from US, holding BS. He applied from the usa and they did not ask him to take IELTS.
Thank you Mirza :0 Anyone else has any other views? Also, if required, would I have to send my IELTS results along with the application? or can I send in my application and then take the exam?

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. if ur native language isn't english, u must (under new rules' implied terms) sit for IELTS even if u had a uni. degree from any english speaking country as u will not get a 2nd chance to prove ur language skill once u have submitted a written explanation rather than IELTS

2. ur dependant spouse/ children do not need to sit for IELTS

hope it helps

sbo said:

I have my B.S. from US, would I be required to sit for the exam too? and what about my spouse? I will be the primary applicant and my spouse dependent.

Thanks for your help.

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. no need to send IELTS score with initial appl. ti CIO
2. must send the score while sending full docs to local CHC

sbo said:
Thank you Mirza :0 Anyone else has any other views? Also, if required, would I have to send my IELTS results along with the application? or can I send in my application and then take the exam?

sbo

Mar 2, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
shibleebd said:
1. if ur native language isn't english, u must (under new rules' implied terms) sit for IELTS even if u had a uni. degree from any english speaking country as u will not get a 2nd chance to prove ur language skill once u have submitted a written explanation rather than IELTS

2. ur dependant spouse/ children do not need to sit for IELTS

hope it helps
Thank you shibleebd! Sorry to ask too much...but where are the new rules listed?? on cic?

sbo

Mar 2, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
shibleebd said:
1. no need to send IELTS score with initial appl. ti CIO
2. must send the score while sending full docs to local CHC
Thank you

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no problem, u can ask as much as u want, we r here to help each other

check the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2010/2010-03-10.asp

sbo said:
Thank you shibleebd! Sorry to ask too much...but where are the new rules listed?? on cic?

Den2Can

Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Apr-2010
Doc's Request.
21-June-2010
IELTS Request
Already taken on 26-06-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
@shibleebd: I just check the link that you attached. It says this rule will apply from April 10, 2010. They received my initial application today and I opted for 'Provide evidence of your proficiency in Canada's official languages.' option in my initial application. Am I in trouble? Or I will be assessed according to current rule according to which they ask us to take IELTS in later stage if required? Please advise!!

dipmm2000

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2010
Den2Can said:
@ shibleebd: I just check the link that you attached. It says this rule will apply from April 10, 2010. They received my initial application today and I opted for 'Provide evidence of your proficiency in Canada's official languages.' option in my initial application. Am I in trouble? Or I will be assessed according to current rule according to which they ask us to take IELTS in later stage if required? Please advise!!
According to operational manual which has been updated on the 4th April 2010, application received to CIO from 10th April will have no second chance to provide IELTS at a later stage if they choose to give written submission.That's the only change so your case will be decided in accordance with the current rule.

Den2Can

Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Apr-2010
Doc's Request.
21-June-2010
IELTS Request
Already taken on 26-06-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Thanks dipmm2000.. You just gave me a breath of relief!! :)

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shibleebd said:
no problem, u can ask as much as u want, we r here to help each other

check the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2010/2010-03-10.asp
If you checked 'Provide evidence of your proficiency in Canada's official languages', what specific documents do you need to present to prove this, and when do you give them?
If you checked 'Provide evidence of your proficiency in Canada's official languages', what specific documents do you need to present to prove this, and when do you give them?

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
sbo said:

Thanks for your help.
If u intend to get yr scores reflected accurately for the points u need for language proficiency, then u have to submit ILETS regardless of a US bachelors degree or any english speaking country. I have a US bachelors degree, a canadian Masters but yet i had to submit ILETS to get the full score i want. As long as u r not from a english native speaking country, ie, USA, Canada, Australia, UK, then u have to submit yr ILETS if u want the scores that u need.

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abelkwh said:
If u intend to get yr scores reflected accurately for the points u need for language proficiency, then u have to submit ILETS regardless of a US bachelors degree or any english speaking country. I have a US bachelors degree, a canadian Masters but yet i had to submit ILETS to get the full score i want. As long as u r not from a english native speaking country, ie, USA, Canada, Australia, UK, then u have to submit yr ILETS if u want the scores that u need.
Will the local Canadian embassy give the chance to submit IELTS results, even if you checked 'Provide evidence of your proficiency in Canada's official languages' in the application form sent to CIO?

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
U would have to submit the ILETS together with the application after the 1st round, which is after u have received the AOR. Or else under the new ruling after April, there would not be any chance to prove yr language ability and get the full scores that u rightfully deserve if u do not show yr ILETS.