+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is IELTS One Skill Retake (OSR) supported by OINP?

dip7

Aug 16, 2023
I booked OSR for my OINP application. My invite deadline is close, and I don't have time for a full retake.
I came to know that OSR is not supported by IRCC Express Entry.
But, anyone applied for OINP with OSR? Any other suggestion?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I booked OSR for my OINP application. My invite deadline is close, and I don't have time for a full retake.
Express Entry doesn’t allow retakes. There has been discussion about it but no change in policy.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements/language-testing.html

Contact OINP and ask.

Nov 8, 2023
I also have the same question about this!! Did you send an Email inquiry to OINP?

IamaDreamernt@69

Mar 14, 2022
I called them. They said they don't accept OSR.
It was around a month ago, and their rules keep changing. Please validate once.
Hi Guys, Is it still not getting considered for the express entry ??
Don't understand the purpose of offering this OSR facility if its not getting considered?Kindly share if any updates !!

akmal_h

Dec 26, 2023

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
It’s NOT accepted for Express Entry. It’s accepted for certain refugee applicants ONLY. Hope this puts this question to bed.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/economic-mobility-pathways-pilot/immigrate/language-testing.html

We accept IELTS One Skill Retake (OSR) for EMPP candidates only
If you took the IELTS test and want to improve your score on one of the 4 skills (reading, writing, listening, speaking), you may be able to re-test for that skill if

• you’re from a select country
  • the re-test is within 60 days of your original test date
  • you’re applying for EMPP
Find out more about IELTS OSR.

Last edited:

Nan2020

Jan 3, 2024
It’s NOT accepted for Express Entry. It’s accepted for certain refugee applicants ONLY. Hope this puts this question to bed.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/economic-mobility-pathways-pilot/immigrate/language-testing.html

We accept IELTS One Skill Retake (OSR) for EMPP candidates only
If you took the IELTS test and want to improve your score on one of the 4 skills (reading, writing, listening, speaking), you may be able to re-test for that skill if

• you’re from a select country
  • the re-test is within 60 days of your original test date
  • you’re applying for EMPP
Find out more about IELTS OSR.
This is updated on 15 dec, but language test page is updated on 21st December. Which one to follow

saurinpatel

Jan 15, 2024
I called OINP for IELTS OSR on 11th January, 2024. The officer said they accept IELTS OSR and only thing they care about is the score being higher than CLB7.
I further asked him that earlier IRCC website mentioned that IELTS OSR is not accepted but the same is now been removed. He confirmed that, earlier it was like that but the scenario is changed now.
Request others to also call them verify again.

Last edited:

Yrh7338111

Jan 17, 2024
I called OINP for IELTS OSR on 11th January, 2024. The officer said they accept IELTS OSR and only thing they care about is the score being higher than CLB7.
I further asked him that earlier IRCC website mentioned that IELTS OSR is not accepted but the same is now been removed. He confirmed that, earlier it was like that but the scenario is changed now.
Request others to also call them verify again.
Is the number you called the general Client Support Centre Agent - 1-888-242-2100?

saurinpatel

Jan 15, 2024
Is the number you called the general Client Support Centre Agent - 1-888-242-2100?
I had dialled 416-327-0374 and toll free one 1-866-214-6820. The number you mentioned is of IRCC and i had received a feedback that they don't usually receive phones. So I dialled OINP, the numbers are as mentioned.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
For anyone reading this thread thinking there is a way out with IELTS one skill retake for EE/OINP, there isn’t.
Instead of wasting your time trying to find that one shred of misinformation that suggests this is acceptable, take a new IELTS test. It’ll be worth your while.
Good luck!

Yrh7338111

Jan 17, 2024
I had dialled 416-327-0374 and toll free one 1-866-214-6820. The number you mentioned is of IRCC and i had received a feedback that they don't usually receive phones. So I dialled OINP, the numbers are as mentioned.
I confirmed with one of the staff from IRCC, and the lady mentioned that OSR is not considered for the EE Skilled Immigrants track, and it only applied for the EMPP path at the moment. Nonetheless, situations might change in the future.