+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is IELTS mandatory?

115ashokkumar

Dec 20, 2021
Hi,
My Name is Ashok Kumar I'm a yoga teacher and i applying for post secondary education which is yoga therapy course in Vancouver Canada BC, According to school policy their students not required to take any English proficiency test so I wanted to clarify if i apply for visa without IELTS does it work?, kindly let me know what should I do. Thank you and have a nice day.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
My Name is Ashok Kumar I'm a yoga teacher and i applying for post secondary education which is yoga therapy course in Vancouver Canada BC, According to school policy their students not required to take any English proficiency test so I wanted to clarify if i apply for visa without IELTS does it work?, kindly let me know what should I do. Thank you and have a nice day.
Depends on the stream - SDS (yes) or non SDS. Officers always want to see IELTS though to get your approved study permit. Study permit is based on funds, career and education progression, ties to home country etc. Assume the program is through a DLI.

Jan 11, 2022
Hi,
Ielts is mandatory for Visa grant, Please apply with ielts.

westgategroup

Jan 24, 2022
This test is also taken by those who want to enroll in training programs or secondary education or want to gain work experience in a country where English is the main language used for communication . It is the only English Language Test approved by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) for visa applicants .A lot of students get confused about IELTS. The simple answer to this is that foreign universities and visa granting authorities need to be sure that you will not have communication issues while staying in the country. You need to show a good understanding and strong command of the English language. IELTS exam is required for migration as well as academic purposes abroad in English-speaking countries like Australia, UK, New Zealand, USA, and Canada. Another common doubt students have is whether IELTS is a compulsory exam or not. No, IELTS isn’t compulsory in all university admissions. Many universities might not even require IELTS scores for admission purposes. But remember that if you don’t give IELTS, your chances of getting the student visa might suffer as the visa officers may not be convinced about your English proficiency without IELTS scores. So it is safer to appear for IELTS and aim to score at least 6 bands overall.

dolphinhunter

Jun 19, 2022
Those who desire to enroll in training programs or secondary education, or get work experience in a country where English is the primary language of communication, must take this test. It is the only English Language Test for visa applicants that have been approved by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI). Many pupils are perplexed by IELTS. The short answer is that foreign colleges and visa issuing agencies want to make sure you won't have any communication problems when you're there. You must demonstrate a thorough comprehension and command of the English language. The IELTS exam is required for migration and academic purposes in English-speaking nations such as Australia, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, the United States, and Canada. For more details contact our immigration consultants at Dolphin Head Hunter