+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is IELTS general & Celpip cheating our scores ?

Edwardphan

Mar 21, 2019
As you know, in order to get enough crs to immigrate to Canada through Federal skilled worker, we must get the score of CLB 9 which is equivalent to IELTS general 7778 (8 listening) or CELPIP 9 (all bands). When I do some searches about these exams on google I realize that many people tried many attemps but didnt achieve their goal. Most complain that they are underrated. Although they had re-evaluations but their scores didnt change at all.

So is that true, celpip and ielts is cheating our score to stop us from immigrating through FSW ?

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Coming from someone who did IELTS , CELPIP for 9 times I can tell you this .. they have no interest in cheating you at all. First off, the questioner that they bring on registration paper is completely optional and does not have to be filled correctly so they really don't know why you taking the test. Second, the writing test is scored by three separate markers whereas speaking section is scored by four , do you really think all of them are angry at you trying to immigrate to Canada?. Now, if it's a company wide policy to do so, why are thousands are earning more than 7 on all bands to immigrate to Canada/Australia/NewZealand ,while being tested at various testing centers?

To be honest, during my journey I had similar feelings up to the point of giving up. However, I sat down and became honest about it , I wasn't working hard enough to improve my skills nor was I hiring someone to look at my work and I was just depending on my biased opinion of how great I was while in fact I wasn't.

So my advise to you is this, stop being negative about it and work harder and harder to get the score you desired. Pay for a native speaker to look at your speaking and writing work, he/she will definitely highlight many flaws in your work that you may not been aware of.

Goodluck to you all!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Coming from someone who did IELTS , CELPIP for 9 times I can tell you this .. they have no interest in cheating you at all. First off, the questioner that they bring on registration paper is completely optional and does not have to be filled correctly so they really don't know why you taking the test. Second, the writing test is scored by three separate markers whereas speaking section is scored by four , do you really think all of them are angry at you trying to immigrate to Canada?. Now, if it's a company wide policy to do so, why are thousands are earning more than 7 on all bands to immigrate to Canada/Australia/NewZealand ,while being tested at various testing centers?

To be honest, during my journey I had similar feelings up to the point of giving up. However, I sat down and became honest about it , I wasn't working hard enough to improve my skills nor was I hiring someone to look at my work and I was just depending on my biased opinion of how great I was while in fact I wasn't.

So my advise to you is this, stop being negative about it and work harder and harder to get the score you desired. Pay for a native speaker to look at your speaking and writing work, he/she will definitely highlight many flaws in your work that you may not been aware of.

Goodluck to you all!
1 Excellent post.

Reactions: jagmeetsinghji1

sujogeorge2015

Star Member
Sep 15, 2018
W

Goodluck to you all!
well said... Bravo