+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is IELTS Certificate a Student Visa Requirement?

aisha171

May 24, 2018
I want to study undergraduate degree in Canada. And I am currently applying for a student Visa, but in the Document Checklist I was not asked to provide an IELTS score nor was I asked for grade 12th mark.....but from what I have read on the internet I understood that they must be provided.

I am confused now...are the IELTS score and the 12th grade mark a requirement or are they just optional...or will I be asked to provide them after submitting the application.

I would really appreciate any answer.
Thank you in advance.

believer316

Jan 30, 2018
I want to study undergraduate degree in Canada. And I am currently applying for a student Visa, but in the Document Checklist I was not asked to provide an IELTS score nor was I asked for grade 12th mark.....but from what I have read on the internet I understood that they must be provided.

I am confused now...are the IELTS score and the 12th grade mark a requirement or are they just optional...or will I be asked to provide them after submitting the application.

I would really appreciate any answer.
Thank you in advance.
You need to give the IELTS Academic Exam before applying for student visa.
As per my knowledge, you should proceed in the following steps -
1. IELTS Academic Exam
2. Apply in college of your choice.
3. If selected by the college, apply for student visa.
4. After visa is granted, pay the fees.

Please note that the aforementioned steps are high level. Most of my friends followed the same order.

Reactions: aisha171

aisha171

May 24, 2018
You need to give the IELTS Academic Exam before applying for student visa.
As per my knowledge, you should proceed in the following steps -
1. IELTS Academic Exam
2. Apply in college of your choice.
3. If selected by the college, apply for student visa.
4. After visa is granted, pay the fees.

Please note that the aforementioned steps are high level. Most of my friends followed the same order.
Thanks a lot :)
so that means that the IELTS is not required in visa process itself, it is only needed for the university admission.
I have taken the IELTS and I have been admitted to the university I want, but I was wondering whether I'm required to upload the IELTS certificate in the online visa application.

vaishnavi

Jun 18, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
IELTS Request
07-04-2018
Med's Done....
22-05-2018
Passport Req..
30-07-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
Thanks a lot :)
so that means that the IELTS is not required in visa process itself, it is only needed for the university admission.
I have taken the IELTS and I have been admitted to the university I want, but I was wondering whether I'm required to upload the IELTS certificate in the online visa application.
It is advised that you upload your IELTS document... I have heard cases where student visa has been rejected based on IELTS score. So I would suggest you to upload your TRF.

Reactions: aisha171

aisha171

May 24, 2018
It is advised that you upload your IELTS document... I have heard cases where student visa has been rejected based on IELTS score. So I would suggest you to upload your TRF.[/QUOTE
To where can I upload the IELTS?
What is the TRF?
Thanks a lot for the information :)