+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is IELTS a must for Study visa

FaithN

Jan 29, 2020
Please help. I got LOA from a college, but my school didn’t request for IELTS. Do I necessarily need to have IELTS before applying for study visa?

Saadarif111

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Yes. IELTS is the requirement for getting the study permit unless you aren't going for ESL.

Sit for academic IELTS and score minimum 6 in each band. This will improve your chances to get the study permit.

Hope this helps!

FaithN

Jan 29, 2020
Yes. IELTS is the requirement for getting the study permit unless you aren't going for ESL.

Sit for academic IELTS and score minimum 6 in each band. This will improve your chances to get the study permit.

Hope this helps!
Okay. Thanks

FaithN

Jan 29, 2020
Exactly. But I just want to be sure. I haven’t seen anyone being refused study permit because of IELTS tho. Not like I’m applying for PR

Reactions: ryanmichxel

Mohan532

Mar 5, 2020
Exactly. But I just want to be sure. I haven’t seen anyone being refused study permit because of IELTS tho. Not like I’m applying for PR
Under SDS, it is a requirement you need atleast 6 in each.
Under General, not a requirement though, let know what you decide.

FaithN

Jan 29, 2020
Nigeria my country has not started using the SDS platform, but it has been announced since January. CIC is yet to update it and I intend applying next month. Was refused last year June for a different course and a different college.
So now, I’m generally just seeking informations that will boost my chances this time

Mohan532

Mar 5, 2020

Hope this helps!
Haven't found IELTS a requirement for getting the study permit.. Just want to know where you find this please?

Saadarif111

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Haven't found IELTS a requirement for getting the study permit.. Just want to know where you find this please?
It varies from program to program and the visa office where you will submitting your application. If you would look at the SDS program for issuing Canadian Study Permit to the nationals of 6 countries, IELTS is the mandatory requirement.

And yes, if you are applying via non-SDS route, you won't need it.

Saadarif111

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Nigeria my country has not started using the SDS platform, but it has been announced since January. CIC is yet to update it and I intend applying next month. Was refused last year June for a different course and a different college.
So now, I’m generally just seeking informations that will boost my chances this time
Are you planning to apply via Nigeria Student Express?

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Please help. I got LOA from a college, but my school didn’t request for IELTS. Do I necessarily need to have IELTS before applying for study visa?
if your college does not require IELTS you dont need to take IELTS if you do it will only make your application better but its not mandatory

Page12111

Sep 9, 2021
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Date : September 9, 2021 UCI: ********

Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Please quote these reference numbers when referring to this application.
Dear ************
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to continue processing your application:************ - ***************:

Proof of Financial Support: A MyBank certificate for each bank statement provided alongside your application i.e. Union Bank, Access Bank and Fidelity Bank, showing sufficient funds for your studies and 12 months of banking history: https://www.visa-mybankstatement.com

This must be received at this office by: 2021/09/24

Please note:
All documents must be in either English or French. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.

To provide the requested document(s) from the Application Details page, click the “View submitted application” button at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions provided on the Documents Submitted page.

Should you be unable to provide the information and/or other documents requested you must advise us in writing detailing the reasons why you cannot provide the document/information requested. You must upload this written explanation electronically through the MyCIC portal in lieu of the document requested.

You must provide these document(s) within the timeframe indicated in your MyCIC account. You will not be able to submit your document electronically after this timeframe has expired.

If you fail to comply with this requirement, a decision concerning your application will be made based upon the information already submitted with this application.

For additional information, consult the CIC Web site at www.cic.gc.ca.
Attention: The unique client identification (UCI) number in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number. For your own protection, do not allow any person, other than an authorized representative, to use this number as it provides access to personal information on your file.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
This message has been submitted to your MyCIC account.

By submitting your application electronically, you have agreed to receive correspondence electronically.
Application: *********

My question is this... someone said this message are for students who applied via NSE and I didn’t applied via Nigeria Student Express (NSE). And I was told to ignored the message sent to me by IRCC since I didn’t applied via NSE, and if I do submit the requested documents I will be ask to write ielts exam, so in order to avoid the exam, I should ignored the message, I am so confused about all this, please I need someone to help me out, has anyone received this letter from IRCC and did he or she submitted the documents requested, after submitting what’s the outcome of it.

Thanks