+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is HEC verification required to submit for educational docs to cic after ITA or is ECA enough?

Gummybearpak

Aug 26, 2019
Dear all,
I am facing a dilemma. I have to submit my documents after ITA issuance but the problem is that I don’t have HEC verified educational documents (i am from Pakistan). Now i need to confirm whether is it compulsory to submit HEC attested edu docs (for Paki candidates) or is ECA and unverified docs good enough to submit to CIC for PR processing?

I am from Pakistan and i applied through Express Entry.

An urgent reply in this regard shall be highly appreciated.

Regards,
GB

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
So you mean the embassy is only concerned with the ECA only when it comes to education? Am I interpreting it rite?
Not exactly. Attaching your degree/transcript with the application is still a requirement alongside your ECA number, but if an authorized party that IRCC relies on (WES) says your degree has a Canadian equivalent based on what you sent them, then IRCC won't really need extra verification from your country's HEC, especially when it's not mentioned anywhere in the required documents.

Reactions: Gummybearpak

Gummybearpak

Aug 26, 2019
Not exactly. Attaching your degree/transcript with the application is still a requirement alongside your ECA number, but if an authorized party that IRCC relies on (WES) says your degree has a Canadian equivalent based on what you sent them, then IRCC won't really need extra verification from your country's HEC, especially when it's not mentioned anywhere in the required documents.
Thanks a lot.
Much appreciate your quick response!