+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is gift deed option for Proof of fund is safe ?

Bhoomi12

Star Member
May 14, 2017
Its perfectly fine to receive a gift after ITA, it is not misrepresentation and many people do it. Your parents can gift the money to you whenever they want no one can question that. You should have the money in your account before filling your eAPR. Attach a Gift Deed from your parents to you on a notarised stamp paper in your POF section. You will be good to go.
Hi .. I have got 6,90,gift deed from parents and , 4,00,000 (is in spouse-account) , and all my savings I made it as a FD just a month ago worth 10,00,0000 am I good ???

Abu Shams

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
Dear Seniors,

My own fund which I have in my salary account is only 2.5 months old. This is why I am going to get additional fund through Gift Deed from my father, which itself will cover the required amount. Will my fund which is 2.5 months old raise concern since, the gift deed would cover my full PoF without taking my own fund into consideration.

Besides, there is no placeholder for Letter of Explanation, in my case,

Where do I put that explanation? Please help.

Gbemife

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
Thank you my friend. Good Luck with the file, God bless you:)
Hi Gurik,

How are you doing? I am back with another question. Pls for the 6 months average balance, my bank calculated it thus: I applied for the letter 10th August, so bank calculated balance as of March 10, April 10, May 10, June 10, July 10 and August 10. Summed them and divided by 6. This is correct right?

Also, I have previous US denials and plan to submit a schedule A form, do I print it out, fill with my handwriting, sign and scan in the additional documents placeholder?

Thank you Gurik.

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Hi Gurik,

How are you doing? I am back with another question. Pls for the 6 months average balance, my bank calculated it thus: I applied for the letter 10th August, so bank calculated balance as of March 10, April 10, May 10, June 10, July 10 and August 10. Summed them and divided by 6. This is correct right?

Also, I have previous US denials and plan to submit a schedule A form, do I print it out, fill with my handwriting, sign and scan in the additional documents placeholder?

Thank you Gurik.
Yes bank document is okay.
Yes you can do that for schedule A form.

Reactions: Gbemife

Gbemife

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
Thank you so much dear.
Hi Gurik, pls see this reply sent to me.

@Gbemife.

This is incorrect. The bank is supposed to show the bank balance of each month and not the average. I am not sure about how your bank in your home country works. For me it is this way.

Example on Request on 15th Aug 2017. Bank Reference letter to show:

Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul last day Closing balance + Balance as at 14th Aug. If your bank is unable to show the 14th Aug closing, that is fine. You can just show till July closing. On top of this, you are suppose to show ALL transactions during this month, i.e. Feb to July 2017. Both documents must be on a bank colored document.

I don't think there is any hard and fast rule for Schedule A. You can type it out in PDF, print it out in color, sign and scan back in color. Mine was done this way.

Hope this helps.

I thought it should be average balance of past six months, meaning divided by 6?

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Hi Gurik, pls see this reply sent to me.

@Gbemife.

This is incorrect. The bank is supposed to show the bank balance of each month and not the average. I am not sure about how your bank in your home country works. For me it is this way.

Example on Request on 15th Aug 2017. Bank Reference letter to show:

Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul last day Closing balance + Balance as at 14th Aug. If your bank is unable to show the 14th Aug closing, that is fine. You can just show till July closing. On top of this, you are suppose to show ALL transactions during this month, i.e. Feb to July 2017. Both documents must be on a bank colored document.

I don't think there is any hard and fast rule for Schedule A. You can type it out in PDF, print it out in color, sign and scan back in color. Mine was done this way.

Hope this helps.

I thought it should be average balance of past six months, meaning divided by 6?
CIC has specifically asked for average balance of 6 months, not individual balance of every month. This information is incorrect.
Check this link on CIC website-http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
You can attach bank statements of last 6 months if you wish, nothing more.
You can fill Schedule A both ways, no issue IMO as long as its clearly written.

Reactions: Gbemife

Gbemife

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
CIC has specifically asked for average balance of 6 months, not individual balance of every month. This information is incorrect.
Check this link on CIC website-http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
You can attach bank statements of last 6 months if you wish, nothing more.
You can fill Schedule A both ways, no issue IMO as long as its clearly written.
You are a gem. My thoughts exactly, thank you Gurik.

Reactions: gurik

am102

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
UAE
Hi all knowledgeable people, could you help with a few POF related questions:
1- I am the main applicant. I was transferred half of the POF money from my spouse account. They are already 'transfered'. Do I need to show a gift deed or declaration from my spouse or is an official bank paper showing that my spouse who is accompanying me is the bank account owner form where the transfers came without showing a complete bank statement for his account?
2- I have taken a loan from work (not a bank loan Feb) that is paid in 10 monthly payments (closed in Feb). My salary shows the deduction. And the money are actually in the savings account. The deposit of the loan won't show in the six month statement. How should I explain this? And will be considered a liability.
3- I have a personal loan, that is deductible monthly from my salary on the bank current account. Will this count as a liability? How do they calculate that?

Thanks!!

himcool

May 20, 2017
1 quick query guys,

I am showing approximately 18,000 CAD as opposed to 14,000 CAD that I declared at the time of creating my profile.

In March, I took some money from my sister approximately 4400 CAD just be above the threshold, my question is should I include a Gift Deed from my sister just to be on a safer side?

Thanks in advance

goingtocanadasoon

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
You can go both ways, but the second one is definitely complicated and might raise doubts also. In my opinion Easier way is to get a Gift deed from your Parents. There is no gift deed form as such, just ask a notary in your country, he will provide with you a Gift deed as per your country's format on a notarised paper. It should be ideally signed by your parents (donor) and you (donee) and few witnesses. There are number of formats available on this forum also if you want to check out.
But the main content of the deed should be that your parents gifted you the money out of their free will, love and affection and without any coercion or undue influence etc., on so and so date via so and so check number from their account number-abc, in Bank-xyz. That you are free to use the money as per your wish and needs. Also that you accept this gift etc. Something along these lines will be fine.
I have carried out the cash transfer over a series of netbanking transactions. How can I mention the check number here?