+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is GIC and first year tuition enough for SDS?

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
I am applying under SDS online application and for financial proof, I have submitted GIC 10,000 and first year tuition fees paid in full.

This is the financial requirement for SDS and people choose SDS because of these simpler financial requirements.

But recently, I have seen people saying that you need to show bank statements, ITR, etc. If so, then what is the point of SDS? I am really worried now as I have only submitted GIC and first year tuition. Will my application be ok?

Michael2019

Jul 19, 2019
I am applying under SDS online application and for financial proof, I have submitted GIC 10,000 and first year tuition fees paid in full.

This is the financial requirement for SDS and people choose SDS because of these simpler financial requirements.

But recently, I have seen people saying that you need to show bank statements, ITR, etc. If so, then what is the point of SDS? I am really worried now as I have only submitted GIC and first year tuition. Will my application be ok?

Hello Henry,
Please help me

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I did not insert it at the beginning of the form (IMM1294). But I stated it in the "Background Information" in response to the question "Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?. Also I stated in my letter of explanation while responding to the queries and concerns of the previous application.

Please Help me Guys.
mike.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018

Your application will be OK, you can't be penalised for something you do not need to give. Bank statements are not required, think about it. If you already pre-paid everything, then what is the use of showing bank statements ?

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
Your application will be OK, you can't be penalised for something you do not need to give. Bank statements are not required, think about it. If you already pre-paid everything, then what is the use of showing bank statements ?
You are really the best, thank you so much dude. I have anxiety disorder and worry about everything. Thanks for always being so positive bro, you are awesome.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
You are really the best, thank you so much dude. I have an anxiety disorder and worry about everything. Thanks for always being so positive bro, you are awesome.
Don't take too much tension, just follow what they have asked and give the required docs, ensure that you have submitted all the documents and cross your fingers for a positive response.

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
Hello Henry,
Please help me

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I did not insert it at the beginning of the form (IMM1294). But I stated it in the "Background Information" in response to the question "Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?. Also I stated in my letter of explanation while responding to the queries and concerns of the previous application.

Please Help me Guys.
mike.
Ah hah, that's the problem. You need to provide it at the start of your main application form. This is because that box in the form is the official place they will look at, for your UCI.
It is alright though, call the VO and tell them that you forgot to put your old UCI at the start of the form, and provide them with this old UCI.

nkrachana

Jul 19, 2019
Hi
I am from India and Got admission in postgraduate programme in Canada for Jan2019 intake , however could not Joint the college as my visa (visa Valid till 2022)arrived little late, Now I am attending same programme in same college for August- September Intake, Do I need to get the medical Examination again as my medical was done last year at the time of applying Study Visa.Please help
SS

Last edited:

Rajgur

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hey
I wanna ask something
On my offer letter
It’s written I’ve to pay 10,215 dollars at the time of arrival and the rest in 3 installments.
So I’ll be paying 10,215 dollars along with gic right?

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
Hi
I am from India and Got admission in postgraduate programme in Canada for Jan2019 intake , however could not Joint the college as my visa (visa Valid till 2022)arrived little late, Now I am attending same programme in same college for August- September Intake, Do I need to get the medical Examination again as my medical was done last year at the time of applying Study Visa.Please help
SS
The medical exam is valid for 12 months according to IRCC official website. So if it is within 12 months, then it is fine. Though, if it close to 12 months, I think you should do a new medical checkup just to ensure that your old medical exam doesn't expire during the visa processing time.

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
Hey
I wanna ask something
On my offer letter
It’s written I’ve to pay 10,215 dollars at the time of arrival and the rest in 3 installments.
So I’ll be paying 10,215 dollars along with gic right?
I am not sure about the installments. I recommend finding out exactly how much tuition is for the first year and pay that amount.