+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is funding (RA & TA) really available for an MASc (research based) ?

jibz

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
usually students from a middle calss background depend alot on fundings from research & teaching assistantships. This is one of the reason of going for a 2 (or 2+) years of an MASc than for a 1 (or 1.5) year of M.Eng? But is it readily available or the student need to be a brilliant top notch of kind (3.5 ++ GPA) to win it?

What options does an M.Eng has to fund his/her studies? off campus work after 1st six months? can it pay a good lump sum of the expenses or just 20% - 35% of the total expenses (tution + living)

can anyone enlist reknown canadian universities good in funding the int'l grad students? more speciffically Masters in mechanical Engg. students

qaiserhabib

May 27, 2010
IF your gpa is good (3.5+) and if you have research experience (publications in international conf or journals) you can get funding in any university.

I'd recommend Alberta, McMaster, McGill, Concordia or British Columbia.

Fall semester has far greater funding than winter.

jibz

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Thanks Qaiser for a jeffy response. So you mean a candidate like me ( approx. gpa 3.17) with no research papers should not expect any assistanship for the year 2011 :'( esp in the times of these crisis ::)

Any info regarding off campus work for M.Eng students, can they earn enough? What about most of our PK students do they opt for an MASc with expected assistantship or M.Eng to get their investment back with early work?

Whats ur scenario? Im looking forward for an MASc/M.Eng in Mechanical engg. in 2011 (hopefully May intake otherwise Sept) .

winnycanada

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qaiserhabib said:
IF your gpa is good (3.5+) and if you have research experience (publications in international conf or journals) you can get funding in any university.

I'd recommend Alberta, McMaster, McGill, Concordia or British Columbia.

Fall semester has far greater funding than winter.
hello
so based on what did u recommend those universities?