+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is French Compulsory in applying for QUEBEC PR

NAS800

Sep 2, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Please do help, I have been told that for Quebec PR, I can have either French or English. French is not necessary??? Please clarify...For English IELTS should be enough ??? At any stage of my PR, will i be asked to appear for any French language exam???

Many Thanks

Nas

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
hi NAS800,

you will have to appear for an interview so if you are serious about immigrating to quebec then enroll in a french language classes.
without french your chances are less then 5% of getting approved.
by the way why you choose quebec if you only speak english,canada is very wide you can look into another province maybe.

best regards,

NAS800

Sep 2, 2013

Many Thanks for the Reply, I applied in 2007 as well but I am in those unlucky 430,000.00 applications that got rejected & i am sure the litigation on those apps will be dragged for ever. Anyways, So what nature is the interview? can you elaborate a little? Many Thanks again

Regards

Nasir

NAS800

Sep 2, 2013

Sir, Does my Spouse have to learn French as well, Or I am enough ???

Many Thanks

Nas

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
NAS800,

sorry to hear that you are one of those affected applications.
interviews are usually to have a face to face conversation with a quebce immigration officer he will go through your education,work experience,skills,language,your intended job in quebec,why you want to settle in quebec,your family composition,whether or not you will be able to support yourself during the first couple of months without requiring social assistance from the government until you find a job....you know things like that.
you can find a lot of informations here,its very helpfull: www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en

good luck :)

NAS800

Sep 2, 2013
Many Thanks Boss, You have been very kind & GOD BLESS you & all others on this FORUM & on OTHER FORUMS who are helping people day-in & out..... Does my spouse as well needs to take French classes & will she be interviewed as well ?

Nas

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
NAS800,

i don't think you wife must take french language test as well but if she does maybe more points will be awarded to your overall all score.
as for the interview i think only the principal applicant will be interviewd.
but honestly im not not sure about those two answers.immigration rules change all the time and for the most updated informations i encourage you to regularly check the quebec and CIC immigration websites,these two websites should be your primary source of informations and of course you can use this forum as a helpfull resource.
im trying to help with as much as i know,thank you for the nice words and GOD bless you too.

best wishes :)

NAS800

Sep 2, 2013

Many Thanks ......STAY BLESSED ....I will do as I have been directed....I ask GOD to help those who help others.....Have a Wonderful Life .....Stay in touch plz

Nas

NAS800

Sep 2, 2013

Hi Sir,

Once again I think i am a little unclear about the French for Quebec PR (I did not found this on The web-site) . My question is " I have TWO ways to prove my French to the Quebec Authority 1) By taking the French standardized Test.... OR.... 2) By Taking an interview in French before the PR submission papers. So If I score sufficiently in the French Language in standardized Test, I will not be subjected to an interview in French??.even after I land in Quebec???..Is my understanding correct..???Please do elaborate ...

Regards

Nas

NAS800

Sep 2, 2013
Hi Sir,

Once again I think i am a little unclear about the French for Quebec PR (I did not found this on The web-site) . My question is " I have TWO ways to prove my French to the Quebec Authority 1) By taking the French standardized Test.... OR.... 2) By Taking an interview in French before the PR submission papers. So If I score sufficiently in the French Language in standardized Test, I will not be subjected to an interview in French??.even after I land in Quebec???..Is my understanding correct..???Please do elaborate ...

Regards

Nas

Gaurav_OT

Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2012- CIO Sydney
Nomination.....
18-04-2012
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
Med's Request
29-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012
Interview........
June, 05/ 2013-RPRF request & paid, In process on July 29, 2013
Passport Req..
September 24/2013
VISA ISSUED...
October/23/2013 received pp from cpp-o
LANDED..........
October/26/2013 at Carway Border
NAS800 said:
Hi Sir,

Regards

Nas
Bro you know immigration is unpredictable..even if you have score on some standardized test they might ask you to attend an interview...but if you have good score on that test..you would be able to do well in the interview..i had the same situation almost 4 years ago...i was interviewed and was given 1 year to submit my results..i opted to move out of quebec rather than spending time on learning and doing a standardized test..but if you feel you can learn n do well in french exam..go ahead...

NAS800

Sep 2, 2013
Hi Gaurav, More power to u Bro, So as I understand...If i do good in French Test I am fine NO INTERVIEWS, If I dont, I will be subjected to an interview & will be given a time-line to improve French. Bro, Let me know if for example I do get my PR & get a time to improve from Quebec People, Can I move out of Quebec the PR should work everywhere in Canada? How did u do it ...Many Thanks ..In Advance...Bro ...GOD BLESS ...

Nas