+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is federal agency located in Ontario an eligible employer for Alberta Opportunity Stream (AOS) - PGWP holder?

Qccc

May 16, 2019
Hello everyone,

I was an international student graduated from UCalgary (Masters) and am currently on my PGWP. I have been working for one of the federal agencies remotely in Calgary for over six months now. The official location of this job is in Ottawa, ON like every other federal jobs. Am I eligible for the AINP considering that I have met all other requirements?

Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

I was an international student graduated from UCalgary (Masters) and am currently on my PGWP. I have been working for one of the federal agencies remotely in Calgary for over six months now. The official location of this job is in Ottawa, ON like every other federal jobs. Am I eligible for the AINP considering that I have met all other requirements?

Thanks!
You would be eligible for AINP Express Entry.

Qccc

May 16, 2019
You would be eligible for AINP Express Entry.
So I'm not eligible for Alberta Opportunity Stream as a PGWP holder? AOS only requires 6 months of work experience but EE requires at least a year. In that case I'll have to wait for a few more months.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So I'm not eligible for Alberta Opportunity Stream as a PGWP holder? AOS only requires 6 months of work experience but EE requires at least a year. In that case I'll have to wait for a few more months.
Your employer is not an Alberta employer but you work in the province. Contact AINP if you want further guidance.

Qccc

May 16, 2019
Your employer is not an Alberta employer but you work in the province. Contact AINP if you want further guidance.
Thanks for your input. I contacted them twice but got the same copy and paste answer. I'll try to find a different way to reach out to them. Thanks again!