+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Extending Status Necessary again?

twopenny

Aug 18, 2020
We applied for PR and OWP DEC 2020.

Since then my wife got a visitor extension until June 30. Are we expected to extend that again? Here PR got Sponsor Approved and Medical exam requested.

OWP was returned as we missed one signature but we resent it.

Any advice is helpful. Also if you know what step is next in her process please let me know !

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
As long as she has an active OWP application in progress, your wife has maintained status. This is only recognized by the IRCC and not the CBSA, so if she leaves Canada and returns before her PR application is approved she could be considered out of status by CBSA. Likely not an issue, but technically a possibility.

If she stays in Canada until her PR application is approved she's fine.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We applied for PR and OWP DEC 2020.

Since then my wife got a visitor extension until June 30. Are we expected to extend that again? Here PR got Sponsor Approved and Medical exam requested.

OWP was returned as we missed one signature but we resent it.

Any advice is helpful. Also if you know what step is next in her process please let me know !
Would be best to extend her visitor status. Implied status comes from the OWP. Applying for an extension of her visitor status gives you extra security that if the OWP is sent back again she won’t be out of status. Explain that you are in the process of sponsoring your partner.

Reactions: YVR123