+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Express Entry PR applicable to work and live at Quebec?

vcdm

Apr 4, 2019
Hello Experts,

I have received Canadian PR couple of months before. I applied via Express Entry and dint get any nomination from Quebec specifically. Never applied to quebec province seperately.

My question is, using this PR, can I work and live in Quebec ?
If PR wont help in quebec, what can be done to get it accepted?
Please share your thoughts.

vcdm

Apr 4, 2019
Hello Experts,

I have received Canadian PR couple of months before. I applied via Express Entry and dint get any nomination from Quebec specifically. Never applied to quebec province seperately.

My question is, using this PR, can I work and live in Quebec ?
If PR wont help in quebec, what can be done to get it accepted?
Please share your thoughts.
Hi All,

Please clarify my doubt.
After PR completion, can we apply for quebec csq process so that we can live inside quebec?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There's no need to apply for csq, you're already a PR, feel free to move to Quebec

vcdm

Apr 4, 2019
There's no need to apply for csq, you're already a PR, feel free to move to Quebec
@DelPiero07 I am seeing in CIC website that quebec will only select its immigrants. Moreover, I am seeing in other websites that without csq govt facilities like insurance.. schooling are not available. Thats the reason asked.

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
@DelPiero07 I am seeing in CIC website that quebec will only select its immigrants. Moreover, I am seeing in other websites that without csq govt facilities like insurance.. schooling are not available. Thats the reason asked.
Each province in Canada can nominate their own immigrants, while Quebec is the only one which has its own separate immigration system. For this reason, immigrating through the Federal Express Entry system to the province of Quebec is not permitted and your application will be cancelled if you state Quebec as your destination province.
A CAQ is required by temporary residents of Quebec who are foreign nationals. A CSQ is required by foreign nationals applying to directly immigrate to the province of Quebec.
However, all of the above is applicable BEFORE you become a Permanent Resident of Canada. Once you do, a PR is protected by the Canadian Charter of rights and has the right to settle in any province of his choice.
So, to sum it up, what you are reading on the IRCC website is addressed towards and applicable for potential immigrants and not current Canadian PR holders.

vcdm

Apr 4, 2019
Each province in Canada can nominate their own immigrants, while Quebec is the only one which has its own separate immigration system. For this reason, immigrating through the Federal Express Entry system to the province of Quebec is not permitted and your application will be cancelled if you state Quebec as your destination province.
A CAQ is required by temporary residents of Quebec who are foreign nationals. A CSQ is required by foreign nationals applying to directly immigrate to the province of Quebec.
However, all of the above is applicable BEFORE you become a Permanent Resident of Canada. Once you do, a PR is protected by the Canadian Charter of rights and has the right to settle in any province of his choice.
So, to sum it up, what you are reading on the IRCC website is addressed towards and applicable for potential immigrants and not current Canadian PR holders.
Ok. Thanks Skape7.Now understood. Till I land in canada, intention should not be living in quebec.

Do we have to take any prior appointment that i will be landing in so and so place on so and so date?

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Ok. Thanks Skape7.Now understood. Till I land in canada, intention should not be living in quebec.

Do we have to take any prior appointment that i will be landing in so and so place on so and so date?
When you submit your e-APR, you are required to list your preferred destination city and province. So when your Express entry application is approved, the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document issued to you shall list the same. Despite this, you may 'land' at any Port of Entry of your choice, in any province except the province of Quebec (its complicated!). Also, if you a PNP nominee, it is better to land in your host province or have proof that you are transiting to your host province.
Your COPR document shall come with a date of validity; exactly one calendar year from the date you took your Medicals. Ex. If you took your Medical exam on 1 January 2019, and you receive your COPR on say 1 July 2019, then your COPR will only be valid until 1 January 2020 and you shall need to land before that date. You can choose the landing date based on what suits you and no prior appointment is required.

Last edited:

vcdm

Apr 4, 2019
When you submit your e-APR, you are required to list your preferred destination city and province. So when your Express entry application is approved, the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document issued to you shall list the same. Despite this, you may 'land' at any Port of Entry of your choice, in any province except the province of Quebec (its complicated!). Also, if you a PNP nominee, it is better to land in your host province or have proof that you are transiting to your host province.
Your COPR document shall come with a date of validity; exactly one calendar year from the date you took your Medicals. Ex. If you took your Medical exam on 1 January 2019, and you receive your COPR on say 1 July 2019, then your COPR will only be valid until 1 January 2020 and you shall need to land before that date. You can choose the landing date based on what suits you and no prior appointment is required.
Ok. Understood.
Thanks for the detailed explanation @skape7