+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is entire eligibility 5 years or 3 regarding employment and where you have lived?

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Hi and thank you in advance for your help.
Question 11 on citizenship application asks about places lived and employment in the entire eligibility period.
Some questions in the application are for the three year period, some four years and some five years.
So I don’t know if I only go back three years or five and list my employment and places I lived.

Last edited:

RDS1

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
There is no requirement for employment. if you have never worked just write or if worked for few months write that.
Citizenship is all about your presence in Canada. you have put address where you have lived in the past 5 years and physical presence calculator will calculate if you were in Canada for 1095 days in the past 4 years. your question suggests that you need some help to fill the form as you have not understood the requirements well

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Your eligibility period is always 5 years.
You need to list your addresses and your work history for that whole period even if you only landed in Canada 3 years ago.
The only question when it's about the last 4 years is the one regarding the police certificates from foreign countries.

Reactions: Snowisland