+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is English proof for wife mandatory while applying for Canadian Citizenshjp

prshanthk

Apr 13, 2017
Dear Friends,

Can anyone of you please advise if Language Proof in English is mandatory for wife during application of "Canadian Citizenship" .
The CIC page seems to suggest that English Language Proof is "must" while application of Citizenship.

I am not able to post the link from CIC here due to forum restriction but this is what it says

Acceptable language proof to apply for citizenship wizard
All applicants who are 14 to 64 years old must prove that they have adequate knowledge of English or French to apply for citizenship.

It further says you should have a minimum of IELTS score of 4 (S) and >4.5(L)
or
you can provide a letter from your spouse college/institute that post secondary education was in english medium

Please copy paste this text in google "Acceptable language proof to apply for citizenship wizard" and very first link is the one I am referring to.

Can anyone of you please confirm if my understanding about the mandatory english proof requirement is correct

Thanks
Sumit

prshanthk

Apr 13, 2017
prshanthk said:
Dear Friends,

Can anyone of you please advise if Language Proof in English is mandatory for wife during application of "Canadian Citizenship" .
The CIC page seems to suggest that English Language Proof is "must" while application of Citizenship.

I am not able to post the link from CIC here due to forum restriction but this is what it says

Acceptable language proof to apply for citizenship wizard
All applicants who are 14 to 64 years old must prove that they have adequate knowledge of English or French to apply for citizenship.

It further says you should have a minimum of IELTS score of 4 (S) and >4.5(L)
or
you can provide a letter from your spouse college/institute that post secondary education was in english medium

Please copy paste this text in google "Acceptable language proof to apply for citizenship wizard" and very first link is the one I am referring to.

Can anyone of you please confirm if my understanding about the mandatory english proof requirement is correct

Thanks
Prashanth

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes it is, unless she completed a post-secondary program in English or French.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/language.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=567&top=5