+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is education credential needed for PR-holder to find a job?

zzzcc

Nov 16, 2019
Hello all, I want to know whether a education credential (e.g. WES) is needed to find a job in Canada as a PR-holder? I mean will the employer ask for that?

Thanks!!

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
Hello all, I want to know whether a education credential (e.g. WES) is needed to find a job in Canada as a PR-holder? I mean will the employer ask for that?

Thanks!!
Hi,

No, generally Employer do not ask that.
No one asked me about the Degree equivalency.

Good Luck

Kumuluswolken

Feb 14, 2019
I would think that differs based on employer, field of work and your home country.
I came from Germany and work in IT and employers did do a background check to verify my German university education. I just needed to show my German degrees and they would check with the university to verify. No need to get a third party credential.

Now, I don't know how it is in other, more regulated fields (health sector) or if you're coming from a country with weaker diplomatic relationships with Canada. This is just my experience.

zzzcc

Nov 16, 2019
I would think that differs based on employer, field of work and your home country.
I came from Germany and work in IT and employers did do a background check to verify my German university education. I just needed to show my German degrees and they would check with the university to verify. No need to get a third party credential.

Now, I don't know how it is in other, more regulated fields (health sector) or if you're coming from a country with weaker diplomatic relationships with Canada. This is just my experience.
I see.. thanks mate~