+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IS ECA Result Mandatory Before Submit Profile To EXPRESS ENTRY

makkap

Dec 17, 2014
Dear Experts,

I have simple but very important question.

Is ECA Result of Mine & Spouse Mandatory Before Submit Profile To EXPRESS ENTRY ?

Is this mentioned Any where on CIC ?

While submitting EE Profile, it says, if ECA is done enter number. So look like may not be mandatory.

Thanks,
Makkap

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, ECA is mandatory.

So if you wish to file your application, start immediately as amassing and getting verification of academic documents takes some time.

Sky-Walker

Jun 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Feb-2016
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2016
IELTS Request
With Application
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
ALHAMDULLIAH
LANDED..........
30-Dec-2016
niravk said:
Yes, ECA is mandatory.

So if you wish to file your application, start immediately as amassing and getting verification of academic documents takes some time.
Without ECA you can not complete your online profile. Because it requires ECA report number.

makkap

Dec 17, 2014
My ECA is under process but I was thinking to submit profile in EE in First Draw and by the time Invitation is received, ECA result would be available. Is this not possible ?

No one replied, ECA for spouse require ? If she is also part of my EE application and her education is also mentioned ?

Thanks experts for prompt reply.

sumit.singh.hallan

Jan 2, 2015
Gurgaon, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE Profile Created - 20-01-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
Completed. L-9.0 , R-8.5, W-7.0, S-7.0
LANDED..........
Pretty soon
makkap said:
My ECA is under process but I was thinking to submit profile in EE in First Draw and by the time Invitation is received, ECA result would be available. Is this not possible ?

No one replied, ECA for spouse require ? If she is also part of my EE application and her education is also mentioned ?

You cannot sumbit your profile without an ECA # which you get only once evaluation is complete.

ECA for spouse will help you get extra points. I would suggest you to go ahead. Even get the IELTS for spouse..

Sky-Walker

Jun 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Feb-2016
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2016
IELTS Request
With Application
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
ALHAMDULLIAH
LANDED..........
30-Dec-2016
makkap said:

Without ECA report number you can not submit your profile or application for draw.

If you want to claim points for Spouse then you require ECA.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
makkap said:
Dear Experts,

I have simple but very important question.

Is ECA Result of Mine & Spouse Mandatory Before Submit Profile To EXPRESS ENTRY ?

Is this mentioned Any where on CIC ?

While submitting EE Profile, it says, if ECA is done enter number. So look like may not be mandatory.

Thanks,
Makkap
ECA is not required for people who have done their education in Canada, that is why it may look like it is not mandatory. If this is not your case, you must get ECA done before submitting the EE profile.

warhound

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
fl_pie said:
ECA is not required for people who have done their education in Canada, that is why it may look like it is not mandatory. If this is not your case, you must get ECA done before submitting the EE profile.
Question : I did my Bachelors in USA and my Postgraduate diploma in Canada. Will i be requiring ECA for bachelors if my higher degree is from Canada ? I have to list both degrees in my profile so am a little anxious for the right answer.

Also, wifes degrees are from India. Not too keen on getting the ECA since its a long drawn process and I wish to submit my profile ASAP. its only 10 points if no ECA for wifes education.

I think I already know the answer to the two above questions but what stumps me is this

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

If you are invited to apply for permanent residence and do not include this assessment and proof of your foreign credential when you apply, your application is not complete and will not be accepted for processing. Any fees submitted will be returned and you will need to submit a new Express Entry profile to be considered in the future.

Is this only specific to those prinicpal appliacants that done have a Canadian degree ? please help

Thanks

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The ECA is required for foreign credentials. If your higher education is from Canada, it wouldn't make sense to get an ECA for your Bachelors.
Only CIC will be able to best determine if they need an ECA for your spouse.
In my opinion, it would be best to have the documents in hand as one only has 60 days to send the documents required in the checklist.

In case CIC doesn't ask for your ECAs, it would just be some wasted effort, but if they do, you stand to lose your ITA.
Its the pros vs cons.. see what works for you..

canada_pr_wanted

Apr 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we get any point for evaluating 12th grade (High School Graduation) along with Bachelors in Computer Science from India ?

as I saw an option called (Two or more certificates, degrees or diplomas , one must be for a program of 3yrs or more ) since bachelors is for 4 yrs and high school (11th and 12th grade) is for 2yrs can be get both of them evaluated to get 128 points ?

priyacanada

Nov 13, 2015
Hi seniors,

I submitted my profile, however, EE profile didnt ask ECA# while submitting.

And my profile status is still 'Pending Additional Criteria'. But I got a message stating welcome to pool.

Please clarify, I have my ECA# but not sure where to update.

Thanks,
Priyan

permanent_res1

Star Member
May 2, 2015
I have a basic question. my last name on degree certificate is in initials. First name is in full. Example peter walsh is written as peter W. my ECA will also be with same name i guess. passport has peter walsh as an example. will this create issue during EE application processing?

priyacanada

Nov 13, 2015
permanent_res1 said:
I have a basic question. my last name on degree certificate is in initials. First name is in full. Example peter walsh is written as peter W. my ECA will also be with same name i guess. passport has peter walsh as an example. will this create issue during EE application processing?

Not a problem, even I had a similar situation. You Credentials will be printed as W.(Walsh), Peter. But do not forget to give your full name as in passport while creating WES(ECA) profile.

jiger kothamdi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
LAGOS, NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nigeria
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2017-02-21
AOR Received.
2017-06-17
Passport Req..
26-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
Sky-Walker said:
Without ECA report number you can not submit your profile or application for draw.

If you want to claim points for Spouse then you require ECA.
HI I HAVE A QUESTION MY ECA REPORT IS READY AND IAM THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT. MY WIFE REPORT IS NOT YET READY CAN I STILL FILL THE APPLICATION AND PUT HER REFERENCE NUMBER

PLS ADVICE
THANKS