+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is ECA required?

manish723

Sep 20, 2016
I have completed bachelors from different country than canada and then i have done canadian 1 year diploma?
so do i need eca for the former education if I want to get points for one or more education with one being more than 3 yrs?

Confirming coz cic says they need evaluation just for the higher education which is post grad diploma in my case which one can do only after graduation?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I have completed bachelors from different country than canada and then i have done canadian 1 year diploma?
so do i need eca for the former education if I want to get points for one or more education with one being more than 3 yrs?

Confirming coz cic says they need evaluation just for the higher education which is post grad diploma in my case which one can do only after graduation?
in this case i'd say yes. higher diploma means master usually.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018

I do not agree with the other poster.

If you did Masters education from Canada, then no need for Bachelors ECA.
If you did Post Graduate Diploma from Canada, then no need of Bachelors ECA.
If you did a College diploma, then you will have to get your Bachelors ECA as well.

Reactions: manish723

manish723

Sep 20, 2016
I do not agree with the other poster.

If you did Masters education from Canada, then no need for Bachelors ECA.
If you did Post Graduate Diploma from Canada, then no need of Bachelors ECA.
If you did a College diploma, then you will have to get your Bachelors ECA as well.
Thanks preet, Is there any link to confirm that?

Also, I can see you have got ITA, have you also completed post grad diploma or any other degree?

Last edited:

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thanks preet, Is there any link to confirm that?

Also, I can see you have got ITA, have you also completed post grad diploma or any other degree?
Its by logic, If highest degree is from Canada, then no need of previous education ECA. (this works for Masters only)
If you have post graduate diploma, there is no option under PR/EE applications to mention that. You get an option of "Two or more certificates" under which you will have to define both diploma and Bachelors Degree.

I got the PR and landing next month.

manish723

Sep 20, 2016
Its by logic, If highest degree is from Canada, then no need of previous education ECA. (this works for Masters only)
If you have post graduate diploma, there is no option under PR/EE applications to mention that. You get an option of "Two or more certificates" under which you will have to define both diploma and Bachelors Degree.

I got the PR and landing next month.
Thanks Preet, so basically I will need to get ECA for my bachelors in order to get the points. Thanks