+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is E-Cas still being updated?

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I am just curious, does anyone know if CIC is still updating E-cas to reflect test and Oath dates? It seems like they have completely stopped updating the website meaning applicants can solely rely on the old fashion mail to get their invites and I am not sure if they are doing this deliberately. I have come across numerous instances where people have taken the oath of citizenship when their E-cas shows no signs of them even taking the test. Please advise.

Thanks

suze_h

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have now received two test notices by mail (as I had to reschedule the first one) and my E-Cas shows no updates whatsoever regarding my test invites.....

PalCan

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suze_h said:
I have now received two test notices by mail (as I had to reschedule the first one) and my E-Cas shows no updates whatsoever regarding my test invites.....
Me too. Got test invite by mail more than 3 weeks ago and still no update online

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
This is a known issue for ages, especially past test stages. It takes long to reflect or some times all together to Completed at once after test invite. Never blindly believe e-cas to reflect everything.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess we cannot rely on Ecas anymore so we are left with the old fashion mail system. I don't understand why CIC would not email people directly versus sending out an actual letter. This could have something to do with the fact they still suspect most people that apply for citizenship do not actually live in Canada, they are wrong.

PalCan said:
Me too. Got test invite by mail more than 3 weeks ago and still no update online

nawaal

Jan 19, 2015
Me too I did my test three months ago and Ecas did not updated. Also heard other people said their Ecas changed complete after they the test and ceremony. :-X

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They do,but not on real time. And it's delayed for maybe a month. So do not rely on e-cas.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I thought we live on the 21st century! why should we rely on a mail to get updates from CIC? why can't they email/call people to schedule tests/oaths? In a lot of developed countries they use emails to communicate. They are deliberately doing this people they suspect that most applicants that apply for citizenship do not live here which ridiculous.

Juney said:
They do,but not on real time. And it's delayed for maybe a month. So do not rely on e-cas.