+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Digilocker 12th Grade Markseet Valid

harsh7890

Oct 19, 2019
hey Guys ,

I want to get to know that is marksheet that are stored online in digilocker app . Are these marksheet valid for applying study visa . Actually i have to use that marksheet for getting admission in September intake.

bmanirudh

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Hi Harsh,
From your question, I assume you have not applied to any colleges or universities yet. Do you mean September intake of next year ? Why not try for January or May 2020 ?
Getting to your question, I actually used my digital certificates to apply to colleges. Keep in mind that you will have to get them attested by a notary.
Hope you found my answer useful.

Reactions: harsh7890

bmanirudh

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
There are people or institutions that attest documents to validate them, also called as notary. It could be any government official such as a village officer, tehsildar etc. (talking about India).
If you have already applied for a visa, don't worry, digital certificates are legally valid anyways, so you shouldn't have a problem.
Hope for the best.
And just in case you get your original certificates, upload them through the IRCC WebForm (if you have already applied for the visa).

harsh7890

Oct 19, 2019
Next year i am going to complete my 12th grade . After Giving My Exams i will asap do ielts . My result of 12th will come in may and after 10 to 15 days my marksheet will come to Digilocker. But the original Marksheet will come after 2 to 3 months. I want to take admission in September intake . So for September intake i have to apply in may or june .

bmanirudh

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
So you have not completed your 12th grade yet. It's good to plan ahead. Kudos to you !!
I think you can do your IELTS this year itself (if you are confident enough). By doing so, you will be able to smoothly execute your plan.

bmanirudh

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Is your school a government-run school ? That probably means your Principal is a notary and he/she could do it for you.
If it isn't, you'll need to get it attested by some government official.

Reactions: harsh7890